View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 10:21 PM
All the breeders of my dogs are evry good friends now if they werent before.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Hehehe, the boys' breeder is my best friend. We see each other every week!

Other puppy owners send regular pics/updates (even after 3 years in Max's case) and they've had some visits as well
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 11:59 PM
The breeders of my dogs are now my best friends - see them weekly
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 01:11 AM
When I was young we had an Irish Setter (b. 31/05/1984 - d. 30/05/1995). His breeder was one of my Nan's best friends and she kept his Mother and 3 sisters. We used to go over to her house and watch the dogs all play together in the fields behind her house.

Other than that I think my parents did keep in touch with the decent breeders of the dogs we had,. Since I've been old enought oahve my own dogs, I've had rescues and would happily keep in touch with their breeders if I could crucify them for what those dogs went through before coming to me.

When I have a dog from a reputable breeder in the future I will keep in touch for sure. I think any good breeder would want to keep in touch to see how their pups are doing as they grow up.

Yiannis is my newest dog and I got him from B'ham DH. So altough his breeder isn't on my list of contacts, the girl at the home who played with him, fed him etc has said she'd like to see how he gets on so I'm keeping in touch with her via e-mail, sending photos etc.

Laura xx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Any decent breeder would want you to stay in touch and hear how the dog is doing, they should be there for you if you need any advice.

I regularly see the breeder of my Fiji, and she loves to hear what she is up. All of her pups always go mad when they see her, they never forget.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2009, 07:39 AM
We haven't seen Ollies breeder since bringing him home,but I do email if I need advice and to keep her updated and send pictures. I also have her phone number if needed.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 07:44 AM
I did keep in touch with all my older dogs breeders, then the youngsters were bred by myself.

Thankfully I am in touch with all those that have pups from me...some more than others admittedly. I have also visited them and they visited me, I am in touch on a very regular basis with a couple of them, other just contact me if there are any questions/problems or birthdays and Christmas.

I'm very fortunate that everyone that took on one or more of my dogs recently have stayed in touch, invited me to visit and kept me supplied with photos and news

I think it is nice to keep in touch but I have purchased pups in the past and the breeders never responded to emails or letters with photos...I gave up in the end.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Three of my girls come from the same Breeder. We are friends now and she is my Breeding Mentor. We have visited her many times and we chat often.

As for my other dogs that didn't come from Tiani, Krystal's and Bambi's Breeder, I haven't kept in touch with them. They didn't instigate any communication so I didn't bother them. Any questions I had, I would ask my Breeder/Mentor/Friend.
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Regular, at least monthly contact with Ilo's breeder who is also my main source (not only LOL) of advice and support. One of my selection criteria with potential owners is their ability and willingness to maintain contact so the relationship must work both ways....contact either directly or through one of two email forums is helpful. Those that promise and don't deliver whilst on waiting list are discretely dropped.

To me it is vital to keep in touch to have a balanced overview of conformation of the whole litter, plus be on hand to support through developmental and any health issues should they arise. The latter would affect future breeding for all breeders in UK and other countries too so cannot be overstated. That said, it is important for breeders to take an advisory/advocate role and not be too interfering or overbearing so the balance is delicate and should be tailored to individual circumstances.

Mary
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
yes, its one of the best things!!!!!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >