Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:25 PM

Staying in touch with breeders

Does anyone else stay in touch with the breeder of their dog??

I send our breeder an email with photos at least once a month so she can see how Monty is getting on. She looked after Monty for an extra two weeks after all the other pups left so I think she developed quite a soft spot for him and also because he was different to the rest of the pups because of his bald spot.

It was also her first ever litter so thought she'd appreciate seeing how he's getting on.

Anyway Rich thinks it's a bit odd that I stay in touch with her and as we have family near where our breeder lives I have planned to take Monty to see her next time we stay up there.

So does anyone else stay in regular contact with their breeder??

(I've got strange de ja vu that i've posted this before but checked my "threads started" list and can't see it!)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Yes.
I chat to her regularly and set up a photo account thing on the net so she could see pics. I've met up with her a couple of times (Crufts last year and then we popped in to see her in the summer) and we are having a litter meet up in the Spring I hope. I am also in touch with the people that have 2 of Cosmo's sisters...we also meet up.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes very good friends with Max/Angus/Connor's breeder and send updates ot Charlies and still see Sacha's breeder at shows.

Would find it odd not staying in touch I think
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Yes, I often email/recive emails from Skyes breeder for updates, photos and such. I dont keep intouch with Stars as much but do email now and then.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Not really, but I try to send a yearly update if I remember.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2009, 09:41 PM
You should always try to stay in touch with the breeder of your dog and a good breeder will keep in touch anyway

Choe's breeders are a lovely couple, we email each other and they have also telephoned me to check on Chloe . I am waiting for them to send me some photographs of Chloe's brother who is doing well in the show ring.
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:46 PM
The breeders I know are like a second family We even went for Christmas day this year with all the doggies.

Gemmsie
xx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Yep - see her at shows a few times a year and email brags and pictures.

She also has an email group for anyone who purchases a puppy from her - we all email pictures and tell everyone how fantastic our dogs are - its great fun and so nice to see how the relations are doing as well
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Sadly I lost Milos breeders contact details and the only way I would want to stay in contact with Shadys breeders is to watch them hang slowly.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Ahh glad to hear i'm not the only one then! I will be sure to tell Rich when he gets in that I am not the loonie he thinks I am!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »