Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 02:58 PM

Sooooooooooo embarrassed!

Took Loki to the field - the other side to where the horses are. Thought it would be safe enough to let him off, but noooooo, he puts his head down and does a runner towards the horses.

I tried calling him to no avail and eventually started shouting, "help Loki!" over and over again.

Result - he actually came back.

But as we walked past the 'posh houses' some woman stuck her head over the wall and asked had I seen her kids as she'd heard someone shouting for help.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 03:10 PM
lmao!!!! ok the shame
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 04:03 PM
LOL LS

Actually i find it a really good way of recalling, if Archie won't come back I pretend to fall over and he always comes running back to check I'm ok
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 04:24 PM
rofl "Really? I didnt hear anything"
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2005, 04:33 PM
If Blackie takes off I shout as though I'm a injured dog, and wimper. (great site)

When he was a pup, about 18 weeks old he escaped out side into the street, he would not come back, he was flying for all his worth, I ended up with all the street out trying to catch him, eventually the local window cleaner got him.

Another time he escaped and I had to lie down on the pavement and wimper before he would come back, what was the worst part of it was there was a crowd watching me!!!!

Ian
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 04:39 PM
lol dogs eh whoo'd have em I like your style tuti I must try that one the next time my little terror bolts/embarrasses me!
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2005, 06:27 PM
I actually hide. Sorry but I'm laughing. I thought I was the only one with selective hearing problems! Join the club!!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2005, 06:31 PM
:smt042 Lucky Star. Did you own up to the woman it was you?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2005, 07:36 PM
When my GSD got into a field full of horses a few years ago I don't think anything would have got him out I tried to get him but to no avail (he was having a whale of a time ) so I tried running up a very steep hill hoping that he would follow me if he thought he was being left and then this posh man came out of his house and said 'Do you know your dog is chasing those horses?' I think I would have to have been blind not to. He eventually decided to come and I always put him back on the lead if we went near the field with horses in
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Too many olives Lucky Star
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >