View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Just seen this on the local news, it was a family member taking the dog to visit where the child was. No real answers as to what happens, except one bright spark said the dog barks at him and his dog when he walks past the house!
Dawn.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No real answers as to what happens, except one bright spark said the dog barks at him and his dog when he walks past the house!
Dawn.
Oh for christs sake. That dog must have been a lethal killer then
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No real answers as to what happens, except one bright spark said the dog barks at him and his dog when he walks past the house!
Dawn.
They never do explain why it happens to them there is no reason, it's just a savage beast :smt021
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 11:04 AM
What a dreadful piece of writing and totally negative in it's writing. Not making light of the poor little girl, but the story is confusing. The little girl was being supervised yet the dog had the time to drag the girl outside and it was a stranger that drove the dog off, not the family. It even says the girl was believed to be at her grandmothers. Sounds like the press of heard of an incident and interviewed people on the street and noone in the family or that was there to say what really happened.
And all the witness statements say they don't know the dog but it barks when they walk past. It's that all they have, try speaking to someone who knows the dog, a close neighbour. Negative, negative and more negative.
Don't get me wrong it's awful to hear of children being attacked but I also know that some children are not angels. I caught my friends 3 year old out in the garden with my dog, smacking her over the head with a badminton racket and kicking her. To her credit she just kept trying to give the ball back to him to throw. I quickly put a stop to it, but what if my dog did turn round and nip him. Would she then be treated as a dangerous dog. Dogs aren't robots to take any inflictions we choose to deal out.
I'm not saying that this was the case in this story, but dogs seem to be the evil ones and us humans are not to blame in the slightest. Also the dog could have been in pain which is what made it react in this manner. All factors should be looked at before condemning that the dog was aggressive.
My dogs bark if my front door is knocked. That must mean they are bad dogs then. Guess we'll all be going down the vet to muzzle our dogs then or worse.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2006, 01:47 PM
I heard this on the news last night

I hope the little girl is going to be okay x
Amber08071
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Its only going to be a matter of time before they start cracking down on the rest of the dogs they see as "unsafe" Here in Canada, the pit bull is the main one, you now have to have it chipped and muzzled at all times, but you have to consider the owners.....what have they done to a dog to make it act like this? It makes me angry to think about how much worse this situation could have been. I do have a 3 yr old, and because we have dogs he thinks that everyones dog is nice and ok to go up to it and try to play with it. And thats not the way it is... I admit, when I see someone walk by me with a pitbull, I grab my son and cross the street, it doesn't matter if it is muzzled or not, I am honestly scared for my children...and this is partly to do with what the government is doing, and giving these dogs a bad name...
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Heard on the local news this morning, the doberman belonged to the grandparents. The little girl is doing well, then another person of authority came on doing there thing about the Dangerous Dogs Act and this is another breed that should be listed and more breeds muzzled. BLAH BLAH.
Sorry but its the deed not the breed that should be punished.

Forgot to mention, my horse bit by bum last night and has caused severe bruising to my right buttock.
Am having him shot in the morning
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2