Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2012, 04:02 PM

Strange dog

Recently Pereg developed the habit that as soon as she has finished after eating her early evening RMB [chicken carcass today] and licked the piece of oilcloth I put on the couch where she eats it until she is 200% certain that there is not even the slightest bit of food left, she picks up one of her monkeys and wanders about making very quiet [and muffled] eep eep whimpering sounds.

She brings it to me and then just stands there making these muffled noises looking rather worried, then wanders off and comes back again.

Normally she brings toys to me for me to throw them or play tuggie, but she will not give me the monkey, nor will she drop it and all the time she is making this sort of eep eep noise.

Ask her what she wants and it is eep eep and away she wanders.

I have no idea why it started or what she wants, but eventually she drops the monkey in the middle of the floor and then comes and flonks down beside my chair.

I definitely have a very strange dog!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Awww Pereg, fancy your Mum calling you strange!

She isn't having a phantom pregnancy is she?
My sons dog made these sort of noises when she had a phantom.
Maybe she wants to feed the pups or something? Just a thought
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 04:33 PM
She's probably wondering why you haven't fed monkey too

You cruel woman you - fancy starving her friend like that.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-11-2012, 04:46 PM
I think she is inventing a new game Malka - you just gotta work out what it is

Interesting what Nippy said about Phantoms too..
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 05:01 PM
I straight away thought 'puppies' (although they are rather on the forefront of my mind anyway ) but that is the calling sound they make to call pups to them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 05:02 PM
It sounds sweet.

Agree with the phantom business but I thought she was speyed. So maybe she just loves monkey.
loupoppins
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
this sounds just like what Bella did when she had a phantom pregnancy after her first (and last!) season.
She carried around a little plastic toy for ages making very sad sounding noises and wouldn't be parted from it. It was really sad...poor Bella got very distressed by it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Pereg is definitely not having a phantom pregnancy - for a start she was spayed when she was nine months old and she is now coming up to four years old, and she is only doing this after her bone meal, not at any other time. True she will pick up one of her monkeys when I say "bed" and rush off to make sure she is in the middle of the bed before I get there, but she just puts it on the bed [or drops it on the floor on the way to the bedroom] and then ignores it.

The muffled "eep" is probably because she has a mouthful of monkey and cannot make any other sound!

She is just so funny at times - she is currently flonked by the doorway half dozing and quietly mumbling away to herselfwith one eye half open in case someone or something goes past, and then it is whoooooosh and out she goes. Comes back in muttering "well that got rid of them".

Mind you, if she is strange then so am I. I asked her to do something earlier and she gave me The Look, so I said to her "What is the matter with you, do you not understand plain English?"!

Definitely, we are a right pair of nutters!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Malka, you have my hubby thinking I've gone mad laughing very quietly to myself at eep eep.

Dougal will frequently lie beside me whining under his breath, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong and he is usually just dozing off but it's one of his little foibles.

Eep Eep, oh my, that's going to have me sniggering for days
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 09:49 AM
i think she is trying to tell you she wants to audition to be the next road runner. eep eep!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >