View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Greyhoundlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2012, 09:52 AM
What a shock for your husband Brian - please send him our best wishes.

As others have said - if it is a dog you are obliged to report it - HOWEVER, it is the dog owner who is responsible for the veterinary costs, as the dog was off lead and out of control in a public place by law.

Law doesn't help the dog, the foster carers or Brian's emotions, so hope things turn out well for them all xxxx
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 06:15 PM
I do not think Brian should pay the vet bill, it was not his fault that the dog was let off lead when it was not safe to do so. It's very kind of him to offer to take them to the vet.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Darcy Boy View Post
I do not think Brian should pay the vet bill, it was not his fault that the dog was let off lead when it was not safe to do so. It's very kind of him to offer to take them to the vet.
I agree with this.

Perhaps especially so because just lately I have seen sooo many dogs off lead in car parks! (Including this morning - we were pulling in to the car park and there was a dog wandering round off lead whilst the owner who was putting walking boots on did absolutely nothing to keep it safe! )If anyone had hit those dogs it would have been the owners' fault, not the driver.

A cat was run over on our street this year and the driver was certainly not going too fast - the cat simply ran in front of him and was killed pretty much instantly. The driver was not to blame - although he was really upset.

I hope the dog will be ok and I hope Brian is ok too.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3