Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 09:07 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 25th November

Good morning everyone

Well done on your weight loss Kelly hope you don't fade away with just eating rabbit food.

No Kazz no appointment needed for the tip here just turn up and wait your turn. So far the longest we have waited is 20 minutes you just have to time your visit earliesh morning is best as afternoons everyone seems to have woken up.

Dull and a bit damp this morning but plan on doing a bit in the garden

Hope all are well
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Hope you and your four legged friends are all ok. Have a good day, take it easy and stay safe and well. God bless
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 10:20 AM
Morning each and those to follow. Just a slight dripping tap and landline to be sorted so that I can do my online banking and that's it. Yeh!! Went for a bracing walk along the sea front this morning. Timed it well as now raining a little bit. Have a good day all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Good morning all

So glad it's working out for you Brenda. It seems to have gone pretty smoothly for you thankfully.

Very dark and dingy here this morning. No rain so we didn't get wet on our walk. A bit milder today so that was a blessing.

The printer we have bought Gary for Christmas arrived just as we got back so another plus. They did have a standing instruction to leave it in the garage if we weren't in, but always better to see it being delivered without having to wait about for it (I'm never good at waiting).

Dave's turn to cook breakfast so I'm pretty much a lady of leisure today (ouch, I hope I'm not speaking too soon)
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 12:55 PM
My Bank account is still frozen since the scam. So please be careful who you talk to on the phone - make sure you know who they are and don't believe everything they tell you. I have spent a fortune on my pc making sure it is hacker proof so much so that it has slowed it down. But with a 100% Tune up I shall know I am hacker proof and well protected.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 01:29 PM
How did they do it, Moyra? Was it a computer or telephone scam.

A couple of weeks ago the finance manager of the scheme that runs the flats where Gary is wanting to set up a direct debit for the non-funded monthly rent amount. I wouldn't give him bank details but told him I'd call him back. I contacted the scheme manager for the flats themselves and asked her to verify the name of the bloke that contacted me and asked her to give me his 'phone number. I rang him back and set it up.

No scam, but you really do have to go to extreme lengths these days to keep safe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 02:18 PM
Well things were going smoothly but there is a holdup with the buyers of my house selling their leasehold flat. So so frustrating.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 02:33 PM
Ahhhhhh no Brenda, sorry to hear that....you won't have to go back though??
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Not for a year then who knows? I don't. Can't believe this.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2020, 03:18 PM
Chris it was someone who said they were Amazon fraud dept and that someone had hacked into my account and bought something for several hundred pounds cannot remember how much and they were in california.
He said two other hackers had also got into my account via my pc and it went on from there. Unbeknown to me he took out a loan of £20k in my name at my bank and he put loads of files on my pc one in particular called Supremo was put on but not installed in my directory but it gave him complete control of my pc and everything. Took me ages to clear
everything out and thanks to TSB fraud they got it sorted but they didn't get him unfortunately so he got away with £19k he took from my account.
I have had to change my log in details and memorable details etc to protect my account. I have also spent quite a bit on AVG programmes to clear everything and make my computer 100% safe.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >