Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Anyone else not watch crufts.

Coz I didn't, I didn't really last year, tbh I only knew it was time for crufts to come on recently , its just that it seems that there are a few threads coming on right now, that I know nothing about, to me crufts is just a dog show, and when I went I didn't even make it to the showing rings , to be fair I prefer country shows with all sorts of animals, and although I found DD a place that I thought was amazing to see all them dogs, and spending all day talking to the breeders and finding things out, even breeds I never knew, to me, and this may offend, I'm not sure, and I'm sorry if it does, but seeing a dog in a ring isn't getting to know the breed, you can know of it, know what it looks like, but not really know it at all, and can be, to me boring, but its probally because I don't really follow a breed, and am not involved in any, I just like my Lurchers, and you wont really see them trotting around the ring at crufts will you and I like my bully breeds, but I don't have to go further then my front door to see them trotting around either a lot of the time, I would of liked to see the dog 'sports', but it seems that you can see that in most places, and that as crufts is more a dog show, it also seems to me from when I did watch it, it was more concentrated on the show ring then elsewhere, which tbh you would expect.

So to me, even being a dog lover crufts is not the be all and end all, I will be reading about it no doubt in dogs today, and on here and other places too, and it will probally be spoken about for a while (the bad things probally more then the good, as it seems human nature to point out and speak about the negative rather then positive), I just wondered whether I was on my own on here, and being the only one who didn't watch it?
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2011, 12:52 PM
i dont have time to watch tv as we're always on the go. when we do chillax, the children have their educational programmes on. I used to watch it, in fact i used to go so have nothing against it...

Ho hum, one day i shall get to sit down with my feet up and a cuppa to watch anything i like haha!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I didn't watch any of it either. The only bits I know about are what I've read on Dogsey.

Personally I have no interest in seeing dogs paraded round a ring. I have nothing against the people that show their dogs at Crufts or any other show; if they enjoy it & their dogs enjoy it, then fine by me. It's just that it doesn't interest me.

I'm far more interested in pet dogs that I see out & about on walks. I love observing dogs interacting & I love seeing dogs engaged in their natural behaviours. I don't have a lot of interest in breeding either (apart from speaking out against any cruel practices) so the "big" names in the showing & breeding world mean nothing to me.

But each to their own......
PerthLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-03-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't watch it. I find it interesting but equally wouldn't go out of my way to watch it or that. The programmes I enjoy most are always recorded and I'm a right crime/law programme lover so all my free time is taken up of Law and Order, CSI, Without a Trace and Waking the Dead.

The bits of crufts I have seen I like though. I don't dislike it, I simply don't choose to watch it.