View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 06:49 PM

Ezydog Harness - has anyone here used one?

Has anyone used one and if so, were you pleased with it?

I need to get Dexter a new harness both for when he's in the car and also for when we go to the park and he's on a long line.

Cheers
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 06:54 PM
I had them for my two and liked them, only minor criticism is they did slide around the body a little on a longline - but then again I've yet to find a harness that doesn't! I liked the broad chest plate for using them in the car, I know they're not car harnesses but I imagine in an accident the chest plate would spread the pressure out nice and evenly.
Only reason I switched was because Casper figured out how to shrug his way out of them and kept doing it, so made it no good for on a longline, we had to go for the Ruffwear harness because of the belly strap making it escape-proof (so far, so good, at least!)
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-03-2011, 06:54 PM
i have just ordered 2 julius k9 harnesses, i researched a lot last week of the pros and cons and this one came out as tops, i know it does not answer your question but just for advice i thought i would let you know.
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2011, 07:00 PM
My three each have one , like Krlyr I find they do slide when on a longline , but takes seconds to adjust back to its original place so not really a worry

No idea why but wearing them has also stopped my dogs from pulling , a minor miracle in itself , lol
Duck
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2011, 07:06 PM
my friend uses the quick release one is it? for her dane and she thinks its great.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by astle9 View Post
i have just ordered 2 julius k9 harnesses, i researched a lot last week of the pros and cons and this one came out as tops, i know it does not answer your question but just for advice i thought i would let you know.

Many thanks

Cheers to everyone who has kindly answered, I will take on board your feedback. I don't really want a harness that will move around while Dex is on a long line so am thinking this harness may not be the best one for us.

Thanks again guys
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I think the nature of any harness design means it can slide around - the only kind of design I would think would prevent this is a very tight fitting one with no gaps around the 'armpit' area for it to move. Even the Ruffwear harness I have, with their 5 different points of adjustment and solid body panels, slide to some extent.

Here's an example of the EzyDog sliding - do bear in mind that this was a foster doggy who wasn't used to being walked on a longline though so it took her a few days to get the hang of not running off.

And you can see here, even the Ruffwear slides around a bit
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I think the nature of any harness design means it can slide around - the only kind of design I would think would prevent this is a very tight fitting one with no gaps around the 'armpit' area for it to move. Even the Ruffwear harness I have, with their 5 different points of adjustment and solid body panels, slide to some extent.

Here's an example of the EzyDog sliding - do bear in mind that this was a foster doggy who wasn't used to being walked on a longline though so it took her a few days to get the hang of not running off.

And you can see here, even the Ruffwear slides around a bit

Many thanks - lovely dogs, as well!

I'm looking at various harnesses but won't rule out the Ezydog
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
my friend uses the quick release one is it? for her dane and she thinks its great.
I prefer the quick release harnesses as they seem to fit better than the original harness on my two.

Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I prefer the quick release harnesses as they seem to fit better than the original harness on my two.

Not only is Finn a stunner but he models extremely well. We dont see enough photos of your two

Harvey has an ordinary Ezy harness and we have been pleased with it. Think he looks very smart in it

Katie has a very pretty Rogz harness, dark maroon background with pink [girly pink of course] design. Hers was bought purely on looks and it does look well on her