Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2011, 11:10 PM

Have you ever been verbally abused for no reason

Today I was walking Jaz and Kyesh around our village, there is a women who has four springer spaniels who if out in their yard when we walk passed back and lung at their gate, they live on a hill, and the gate is on the roadside. Today, I was walking up the hill past the house and they unfortunetly were coming down the 3in1 hill oposite their gate, all dogs on lead, but hers pulling, she shout to them to stop, and waits, without any warning she starts shouting at me because in her opinion I was walking to slow, (Jaz is a rescue who was abused, by pulling on his collar and sending him away for really harsh training, and will not walk any faster than he decides, also walks a leads length at the back of me), I told her I was on a public road, and would walk at whatever pace I needed to, and suddenly was an F---ing cow, a bitch and this carried on until I was out of site. I was quite upset when I got home, we live in a very small village, and everyone is usually very polite. Still don't know what I did.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 12:21 AM
She sure isnt a lady - not worth taking under your notice, ignore her. Next time you see her totally blank her. Most unpleasant for you.
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-03-2011, 07:44 AM
next time walk even slower or even stand and stare at the sky, i would not get upset just relax in the full realisation that that woman has to live inside herself all the time, imagine being that angry over trivial stuff.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-03-2011, 07:50 AM
she is taking her own embarassment, stress, and frustration of not being able to control her dogs well enough out on you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
she is taking her own embarassment, stress, and frustration of not being able to control her dogs well enough out on you
Precisely!
Bernie Lees
New Member!
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:44 AM
Morning all,

what a horrible person! I agree with KruseWalker: shes probably really stressed out because her own dogs wont behave. No excuse for her behaviour towards you tho'. If she does it again, dont engage her and seek advice from the police about her threatening behaviour. Totally unacceptable!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 09:59 AM
How upsetting! Not at all nice when you haven't done anything to merit this sort of treatment.

We used to live in a very nice part of the suburbs of Norwich in a small village but there was a nutty old bloke who lived a few doors down. He made me cry when I was walking Badger my Mum's Cairn terrier that we had at weekends. When I walked past on the pavement outside his house he came out and had a go at me and was shouting and swearing because Badger had cocked his leg up the lamp-post! I was gob-smacked! Course I always carried bags and clear up number 2s but dogs do wee up lamp-posts. He had been adusive to a lot of dog-owners and upset an old lady walking her Beagle. He's also been banned from some of the little village shops for his behaviour. When he verbally harangued me the 2nd time I reported him to the police and they went round and had a word. Not acceptable to scare and be rude to innocent people like this.

I think I wear a "muppet magnet" sometimes as had a similar situation where I live now. I was walking Cherry and Parker to the post-box round the corner and there was a man coming the other way on the pavement with a Lhasa Apso so I swapped Cherry and Parker round so Parker was on the outside of me away from people's gates so he was nearest the Lhasa as he is sociable with other dogs.

I posted the letters, walked back and a "lady" came out from one of the houses and started shouting in an aggressive tone at me saying "Are you going to let him have another go?" I didn't know what she was talking about but she was shouting that my dog had wee'd up her gate! He was not anywhere near her gate (must have been the Lhaasa Apso) so unless he could aim from 4 feet away it wasn't him!

She then said "You think you know everything but you don't know nothing"!

I am afraid I couldn't resist the temptation and replied "If I don't know nothing I must know something!" (double negative) but I was quite shaken by this encounter as I had seen this lady before when we were both waiting at the bus-stop.

I felt upset as other people may have thought she was shouting at me for not picking up after my dogs. I reported her to the PCSOs and they very kindly went round and had a word. I don't see why I should not be able to walk peacefully without this kind of thing happening! There are some very disturbed, angry people about I think.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Just don't let her phase you. She obviously can't think of a better way to deal with the situation than to blame it on you. It's not your fault, it's hers. If she can't control them she should rethink.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:03 AM
I would do absolutley nothing. Like others have said, this woman is taking her own frustrations out on you. Next time you see her, take a picnic then when she starts shouting, sit down and enjoy your sarnies. That'll teach her!
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks everyone, if she starts again I will
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >