Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 07:20 PM

It annoys me when

Small rant.

It annoys me when someone buys my breed, they obviously haven't researched them, and then moan when they do normal behaviors, then use 'quick fix' methods to stop them rather than spending time training the dog simple things, ask for help then ignore advice from people who actually own the breed, then I'm sure they will complain and blame the dog when it gets worse
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Is this specific to one of your breeds or all of them?

I have noticed in the time I have owned my dogs is the sheer number of people who do not seem to understand what they have bought, which surprised me enormously given that you have to share a big part of your life with them you would think that you should have some idea!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 08:05 PM
My particular rant is for my breed, but it does happen in all breeds
mcv
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2011, 08:33 PM
I am a person who didnt research what type of breed toby was before i went to see him.
But saying that i also knew that what ever breed i did get i would do my very best for the dog.
Toby has been a shock to the system, after having our lab cross colli who was basically quite a low energy dog, Toby is only what i can describe as a luney tunes
I do much more with him than i ever did with warren, he needs good walks and runs, and lots of mental stimulation.
If i wanted a dog with a specific charecter, energy levels etc then i would of done more research into what breed would be more likely to give me what i wanted.
At the end of the day if you bring a dog into your family and your life its up to you to provide the dog with everything it needs.

I heard the most rediculas thing the other day, i think it was a programe on sky, someone had a dalmation, do you know why she got a dalmation? Her words... "I watched 101 dalmations they looked lovely dogs and so well behaved.....
what ive got is a nightmare"
Ive done alot of research since, and taken sdvice from others, Toby is an amazing dog and i am lucky to have him in my life
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2011, 08:43 PM
My breed isn't as popular as those mentioned but a lot of ppl have them out in the countryside , when I feel sorry for them is when ppl try to own them in the city & such. I'm 100% unconvencable when I say that the cattle dog isn't a city dog period! Neither is the kelpie, BC or Aussie shepherd.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Yes this is really annoying. Ive got one woman who has bought another springer to tire her other one out during the day as she does not walk them ..... How bad is that.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Yes this is really annoying. Ive got one woman who has bought another springer to tire her other one out during the day as she does not walk them ..... How bad is that.
Unbelievable, the great thing about two springers is watching them together when you take them out!!! How on earth can you have one non walked springer let alone two!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately while it is so easy for people to buy pups without being vetted from breeders who are only in it for the money this problem will continue. It makes me very very angry grrrrrrrr. I think it is so sad to see so many ads on the web and in newspapers for pups, a proportion of which will go to unsuitable homes.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
Unbelievable, the great thing about two springers is watching them together when you take them out!!! How on earth can you have one non walked springer let alone two!
Exactly .. i couldnt imagine having two springers that are not walked in the house. They must be going mad. The thing is that she keeps saying how nice it is to see mine running around the fields and catching balls
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Small rant.

It annoys me when someone buys my breed, they obviously haven't researched them, and then moan when they do normal behaviors, then use 'quick fix' methods to stop them rather than spending time training the dog simple things, ask for help then ignore advice from people who actually own the breed, then I'm sure they will complain and blame the dog when it gets worse
Unfortunately this happens with both of my breeds (GSDs and BCs) but probably more so with the collies bought from working stock
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >