View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 09:49 AM
The latest news I have been informed of, I shouldn't walk my dogs as you encourage them to wander if you let them go out the front but don't let them walk past any invisible boundary, they learn to stay on their front yard and don't wander off (ummmmmmm seen them wandering )
the future in dog handling me thinks
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Where do you live pilgrim? Can I come and join you?

I had a man stop us yesterday when I was walking Cooper and ask what his name was then say 'Where did you get that from then?' which I thought was kind of odd.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 09:55 AM
I was on a train with my 3 dogs sprawled all over each other (confined space), spark out and snoring because we`d been out for the day when a passenger getting off stopped and stared in bemusement.
Do they all get on? he asked.
I wonder if he thought I`d drugged them.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
oh god i get loads... mainly to do with asbo's baldness...

"is he meant to look like that?"

"is your dog sick why does he have no hair?"

why do you shave one dog and not the other, thats a bit mean"

Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
hahaha these comments are hilarious!
When Max was alive i used to get a lot of "do you race him?" "oh ill bet he's tasty! what are his odds?" we also used to get a lot of "oh he is too skinny! dont you feed him?" (he used to eat 3 meals a day - he was a lurcher)

With Delilah ive had a few "Aww why are you being so mean to him? He doesnt want to "heel" he wants to sniff! Let him off!"
No - actually, SHE wants to eat everything on the floor from leaves to poo....Oh and im teaching her to "heel" because i am holding the hand of a toddler who cannot keep up with the flaming Eurostar AKA Delilah!
As for the let him off thing?
Well we are road walking so i didnt even pass comment....

eeeejits!!

LOL
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Sadie used to have an Army collar - because she was sporty and it suited her and she muddied up any other collar so it was perfect - I changed it to pink a year ago when people started saying "He's beautiful"

Awww at the toddler - they do talk some sense don't they.

Tabitha - everyone reckons Benjie is a girl - he's blonde but he's scuffy so you can't see his male bits (although he hasn't got the two at the back )

Ah, maybe I should get Dex an army-type collar, something a bit more macho

Though right now he has a Chocolate coloured Ezydog collar which is not 'girly'!

Glad I'm not the only one whose dog gets mistaken for the opposite gender. Not that Dex cares - so long as he's getting attention he's happy
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Too many, the most recent one was in B'ham, I'd been for a meeting for one of my many sidereels all created in a vein attempt to get rich quick, about promoting a few bands at a club just outside the city centre, I had Ronnie with me as he is my partner in crime for travelling, and a couple with two kids stopped me and asked where they could buy "Such a pretty fox from, is it a snowfox? Im in love". I stared vacantly, pointed out he was a Pomeranian and that I had no idea what a snowfox was.

Flo always gets proceeded as a male, or elderly "Im surprised he can still manage long walks, he must be a good age". People are stupid, they make me realise why I prefer spending time with dogs!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Too many, the most recent one was in B'ham, I'd been for a meeting for one of my many sidereels all created in a vein attempt to get rich quick, about promoting a few bands at a club just outside the city centre, I had Ronnie with me as he is my partner in crime for travelling, and a couple with two kids stopped me and asked where they could buy "Such a pretty fox from, is it a snowfox? Im in love". I stared vacantly, pointed out he was a Pomeranian and that I had no idea what a snowfox was.

Flo always gets proceeded as a male, or elderly "Im surprised he can still manage long walks, he must be a good age". People are stupid, they make me realise why I prefer spending time with dogs!
Ahh Sadie always gets "Shes young aint she" No she's 9 and Louie always gets "He's around 3 years right?" No he's 10 months
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 01:22 PM
This thread is so funny

Originally Posted by SLB View Post
It is natural for dogs to jump, it's how wild dogs greet each other. The reasoning for you stopping the jumping is why so many owners see it as manners. I see jumping as a greeting, if someone doesn't like it because they are wearing new jeans or a new shirt then they shouldn't be in a muddy woodland and whistle to my dog. The only thing I taught Louie, not to jump up at little children. And if he runs off to greet someone on a walk I say "No jump" he doesn't know what it means but it allows the said person to realise that he does jump up. I'm not going to change my dogs behaviour 'cos other people don't like it when I do and it's a natural behaviour - it's why he likes the vets - they love it when he jumps up, however he has to sit if he wants a treat - he never gets a treat for jumping up.
I personally dont think dogs should be allowed to jump up at anyone. Jake used to do it all the time, and i wouldnt let him... i hated when people said 'oh, its ok'... it might have been ok for them, but it wasnt for me. One of Jakes doggy friends jumps up at people all the time... she jumped up on another dog walker and hit his knee. The poor guy had a few months before broken his knee, gone through surgery and has had several months of physio and been unable to work. Anyway, after she jumped up and hit his knee, he squealed in pain and it got all bruised and sore for a few days. OK, so its not common to meet people with broken knees on a walk but you just dont know who you will come across and it quite often isnt appropriate for dogs to jump up at people. I certainly dont like dogs who i do not know jumping at me, and that doesnt matter what i am wearing.

I nearly gave a woman a mouthful in the park last week coz her dog (a big lab) came bowling over to us, and started jumping in my 7 year old nephews face! My nephew was ok about it, but if that happened 2 years ago he wouldve been terrified and ran out the park.

You might not want to change your dogs behaviour coz other people dont like it, but its consideration for others and the fact that they may have personal reasons for not wanting a dog jumping at them.

JMO.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Where do you live pilgrim? Can I come and join you?

I had a man stop us yesterday when I was walking Cooper and ask what his name was then say 'Where did you get that from then?' which I thought was kind of odd.
In a land of no other dog walkers it seems!!

Seriously I have just got back from a walk and saw not another living soul Which is kind of disappointing as I must look a right mad woman with 3 small dogs on my left who have turned their leads into a maypole and 1 enormous dog on my right, whistle round my neck and a pink pouch full of treats hanging from my trousers..........I want some funny comments!!!
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »