View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Am seeing more n more NI type, Akitas etc. round here, which doesn't bode well, haven't noticed prong collars or similar but doubt will be long. The (majority)folk have seen with them aren't fit or capable of owning a goldfish(no offence meant to fish owners, they are still living creatures that need caring for,).
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Am seeing more n more NI type, Akitas etc. round here, which doesn't bode well, haven't noticed prong collars or similar but doubt will be long. The (majority)folk have seen with them aren't fit or capable of owning a goldfish(no offence meant to fish owners, they are still living creatures that need caring for,).
Same here, within the last year. A worrying trend given the people at the end of the lead.

Spaniels seem to be the 'in' dog with families around here. I see often see them walking them as puppies and then never see them again.
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-12-2010, 06:35 PM
2 lab pups are easier then 1 springer pup (personal experience)
ronnie
New Member!
Male 

03-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Borders have rocketed through films and silly Vets saying they make "ideal" pets, they dont!
borders do make good pets, if you leave them in all day and go to work they wreck the place. they need lots of exercise I waited till I retired before I even considered a B.C. Why people buy working dogs in the first place if they are out at work all day is stupid, its actually cruel in my eyes. they dont make good pets in the wrong hands like all dogs if they dont have any form of training.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by paulandfloyd View Post
2 lab pups are easier then 1 springer pup (personal experience)
LOL to that!

rune
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
borders do make good pets, if you leave them in all day and go to work they wreck the place. they need lots of exercise I waited till I retired before I even considered a B.C. Why people buy working dogs in the first place if they are out at work all day is stupid, its actually cruel in my eyes. they dont make good pets in the wrong hands like all dogs if they dont have any form of training.
I imagine, given that border terriers are dawns breed, that is the breed she was referring to and not border collies.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Nice to see quite a drop in the amount of SBT's from 13070 in 2005 to 8746 in 2009,hope the trend continues.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Nice to see quite a drop in the amount of SBT's from 13070 in 2005 to 8746 in 2009,hope the trend continues.
Just think of the non kc or crossed staffs out there fillng that gap..
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Just think of the non kc or crossed staffs out there fillng that gap..
Yes and there in lies the problem
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I wonder if less are registered (in all breeds) because more and more breeders are endorsing puppies they dont keep - which means if they are bred - puppies can never be registered, so we will never know the true rise/fall in puppies bred/sold a year - just them that are registered. Just a thought.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >