View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2009, 01:43 PM
I used to moan at Anni for being a pansy German Shepherd who wouldn't go out in the rain unless she was bursting & walked round any puddles or mud, but after cleaning up after these two who race out in any weather to play & seem to love mudbaths I've changed my mind.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Tilly has spent the whole weekend up to her eyes in mud, freezing cold puddles, marshes, rivers, becks and ditches.

But if it's even slightly drizzling outside she won't go out for her last wee at night
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2009, 05:29 PM
I dont get it to bad,

my lot dont do mud, they hate the rain, so they get coats on, but vinnie when its raining, does try to stand inside and pee outside....his aim is not good so I have to keep an eye on him and encourage him to step outside. encourage often being a rugby tackle...lol
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 08:00 AM
LOL@Shona - I had to rugby tackle Tilly outside last night
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 08:01 AM
I am becoming more organised. We're going to get tiles ;o)
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Tiles are good. We;ve got lino in the kitchen, but wierdly I never bring the dogs in that way
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

Good choice!! It will make life soooooo much easier!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

Like Sarah, we've got lino in the kitchen tiles will help loads though.

I have to say, we also think carefully about where we walk him and how much mud we can cope with on a given day. If I know I am short of time I don't walk him in a place where there are loads of muddy puddles etc for him to go in, he goes to our local park then which believe it or not, has no puddles. Cruel I know...but if I took him to the woods, which are only another couple of minutes away...well...
In all honesty in the rainy autumnal weather we are not going to the muddy places very much, not because of the mud, but because there seem to be a LOT of squirrels around at the moment and that is a whole other story!!

I'm just trying to say if the mud is getting you down, don't take him out in the mud 3x a day.... Take him somewhere less muddy.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Yesterday's walk was awesome. I walked him for over an hour in muddy, open fields. He had a blast, I had fun and THEN I dunked him in the Ford in the village on the way back home.

I had a towel on the floor in the doorway/hall, tied him to the gate, toweled him off with another one I had lying nearby, popped his equafleece on and job done. No mess and one sleepy, cosy, clean dog!

Hurrah for organisation and thank you to whoever it was that suggested laying down some towels before setting off xx

I now don't mind mud as long as I can organise myself first and he gets a great walk ;o)
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6