Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Not to mention the lovely aroma of gently drying doggies quietly steaming next to the rads!
I love that smell though!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Daisy has a swim, then we walk home. I arrive with 2 reasonably clean dogs cos Shamus has the magic GSP teflon fur.
Then they get towelled down and settle in front of the fire to steam gently till the next meal comes up.
ps - Laminate, machine-washable rugs and carpet tiles. Best thing I ever did.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I'm here!!!!

Okay...with two FCRs I don't wear white clothes very often for a start, not with their hairs. My poor son has to wear white shirts to school but I try hard to de hair them...not that it helps that he has to give the doglets a cuddle before he goes.

Now then, the mud.
Oh my.
Cosmo comes in from a walk and is VERY happy. FCRs are somewhat reknowned for their tail action...so as soon as he comes into the porch, there is mud everywhere, all over us (well more than there was already) and big muddy tail marks all over the walls/door and windows (and Tango who isn't best pleased about it). This is aside from the mud that sort of gloops off him onto the floor. We take him straight into the kitchen where we wipe him over. We use those orange clothes that you are supposed to wet. We have many. We have one rinsing as one is being used to wipe him over, he lOVES it...cue moving, wet muddy FCR wagging his tail and moaning loudly in pleasure. Takes about 10 to 15 minutes of rinsing the cloth and wiping to get the worst off. The rest sort of falls off wherever he lies when he dries. I brush him when he's dry too. I tend to confine him to the kitchen if he is really bad until he is dry.

My walls are now all washable. We have washable hard flooring in all but one room dopwnstairs, the carpet in the other room is ancient and manky and nothing to get precious about.

I hoover and mop on a daily basis (if it is wet and yuk I have learned, through experience, to do it AFTER my mud magnet is back from his long walk and dry. My walls are wiped down in the porch/hall and kitchen at least weekly.

It is a full time job keeping on top of the mud. I look like a scarecrow a lot of the time, as does OH, but I don't care. I am not very house proud. My house is clean and I am told it doesn't smell of dog at all...but if there is the odd mark here and there..
I am lucky to have two quite large reception rooms...which means one is kept tidy during the day and in the evening we all go in to relax. It has no kid or dog toys in there...well not til around 7pm most nights anyway, then it does. It's nice to keep a room cleanish ready to slob in at night.Don't get me wrong I am not bothered too much by that room either...the dogs are on the sofas etc with us...I just like to keep it closed up until the evening. The other room is multi purpose and we sit in the kitchen a lot (which is why Cosmo doesn't mind drying in there).

Ooooo I've gone on.
Living with a mud magnet can be hard...but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love him for what he is and I am really not the worlds most houseproud person anyway. Yes, my house is clean...but thats it...there are more important things to do than tidy and keep everywhere spotless. I am not one of life's fashionable people either...muddy jeans/walking boots and raincoat with dog slobber on are my normal attire. If I was houseproud or fashion proud (if you see what I mean) I wouldn't have got the dog I did!!!!!

I also go through at least one hoover a year thanks to the hair/mud/water.....
Hahaha, here you are indeed. That made me laugh and feel so much better.

I think it's all about getting organised with the mud. It's actually alot harder to do that in a small 2 bed though that's for sure. Our carpeted hall leads off into our one carpeted living room and tiled ''tiny'' kitchen. Then carpet takes you upstairs into a small bathroom, smalll bedroom and small study/spare room.

I thiink carpet was our first mistake. Time to invest in flagstones and washable paint I think ;o)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 03:37 PM
p.s. off in a minute to do it all again on walk number three!! His bouncing bum better be worth it!! ;o)
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Luckily, it's only the kitchen that has to be dealt with when it comes to cleaning up after mucky dogs and the flooring is stone tiles but it's a never ending job of wiping up paw prints, oh, and wiping down the kitchen cupboards after they've had a shake.

Now i'm back with my parents, it's Mum's headache now!
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 03:48 PM
4 of my own + fosters in a 3 bed semi, with a white Kitchen, Now you can really pass out
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
4 of my own + fosters in a 3 bed semi, with a white Kitchen, Now you can really pass out
..shock horror !
I nearly chose a white kitchen but decided on pine instead because it blends in well with mud
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
..shock horror !
I nearly chose a white kitchen but decided on pine instead because it blends in well with mud
I have been trying to decide between white and wood..
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 04:28 PM
im so lucky i dont have this problem with jake he doesnt like going out in it if its just for a pee but he will lol
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh dear I do feel sorry for you all. Dougal seems to have a teflon coat, he gets muddy in the woods but by the time we get home he's usually white (ish) again.

We do however, have white hair everywhere, in food, in clothes. Brand new clothes...forget it, they are white in seconds. If there is anyone new coming to the house they are warned, don't wear black things, you will leave white.

We were just up Fyrish this morning and Dougal was a lovely colour (I did get pics but for some reason Photobucket isn't letting me upload em), but as usual by the time we got home and he collapsed on his bed he was clean...dunno how he does it.

Oh and he's shattered now, it's a while since we did that walk.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >