Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
The owner herself has MS, so she won't be keeping him.

The couple I met today were the daughter/son in law. They have an 11 week old child, he's at work until 7 mon - fri, they don't feel they can responsibly take the dog on.

But in the right home, I'm sure he'd be great.
Oh I see MM. I am happy your persuaded them that Max isn't a bad dog and definitely doesn't need to be pts! I just hope a good home turns up for him sooner, rather than later. Are they ok to keep him until a new home is found?
MichaelM
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-03-2011, 07:31 PM
They're not keeping Max until a new home can be found.

They contacted the Dogs Trust, there's a waiting period of around three to four weeks.

I gave them details for GSD Scotland and some other rescues. A friend found a space at an independant rescue and so Max is going there tomorrow/this weekend.

Not the perfect outcome, but at least he'll get another chance...

Meanwhile, I've received details from a trainer of a 12 year old lab, three collies (8,8,9) from the same home, and a three year old collie that has worked sheep (but won't let them go). If only I had unlimited funds and a (very) large house...
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I do hope Max gets that second chance sooner rather than later ... poor wee guy.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2