Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thebaron
New Member!
Female 

20-03-2009, 04:57 PM

first season

Mitzi, a westie, is in first season. She has started weeing anywhere, and has started jumping on my bed and weeing!! She is very grumpy and wants to sit on my knee and be cuddled. Anyone have any ideas on this new weeing anywhere. I have another westie Bobby, but we are keeping them apart just now. Any advice appreciated. Jane
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by thebaron View Post
Mitzi, a westie, is in first season. She has started weeing anywhere, and has started jumping on my bed and weeing!! She is very grumpy and wants to sit on my knee and be cuddled. Anyone have any ideas on this new weeing anywhere. I have another westie Bobby, but we are keeping them apart just now. Any advice appreciated. Jane
Hi Jane, it is not uncommon for bitches in season to urinate more frequently, they secrete hormone in the urine as a message to passing dogs. Also there may be some swelling of internal reproductive organs putting pressure on the bladder.
Make sure Mitzi has plenty of opportunities to be taken out to relieve herself just as you would do with a small puppy , after sleep/play/a meal/excitement and every couple of hours and praise her for going in the correct place.

Might be a good idea to keep her out of the bedroom while she is in season. Season can make some bitches very 'clingy ' and a bit grumpy, not much you can do about that except try to behave a normal