Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 10:49 AM

Does your dog bury it's treats?

I sat and watched Fudge yesterday as she trotted all round the garden carefully holding her chew in her mouth. She eventually stopped and started to dig. When the hole was deep enough she laid her treat in the hole. Delicately using her nose she covered it up with the freshly dug soil.

Today she has done exactly the same thing except this time it was down the side of the sofa. Same routine(obviously no soil this time) still pushing with her nose to cover it up......

Do your dogs bury their treasures and if so do they use the same method?
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 10:50 AM
No mine are to greedy to bury, they just scoff.xxxx
spot
Dogsey Veteran

26-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Yep one of mine does it! Always in the sofa tho only problem is she then guards it from the others for about 6 seconds, digs it out and promplty eats it Im sure she does it to wind the others up
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Yep one of mine does it! Always in the sofa tho only problem is she then guards it from the others for about 6 seconds, digs it out and promplty eats it Im sure she does it to wind the others up
I can picture that Spot. Very funny. Fudge has no competition though so they stay there till she fancies a snack.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Dingo does, he runs around crying until he finds the perfect spot, then checks to make sure nobody is looking and hides it. If he sees one of us looking, the crying and hunting start all over again. He'll then go back 10 minutes later and eat it.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Jake use to do it ever since we got him, be it toys trears or little things he had found, such as a bottle lid.
Storm, Star and now Skye all figured this out and would go and steal. He did stand up to Storm and snap, storm battered him. Now he does not hide.
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Princess is a burier (is that even a word????) i had to stop giving her bonios as she NEVER ate one just promptly took it somewhere, anywhere and buried it! She even takes tiny gravy bones to bury so i have to break them up so that she'll eat them!!

Awful as it is, i have to say though i do love when she saunters in face all covered in soil and breezes past Rogue with a you'll-never-guess-what-i've-done look on her face only for Rogue to finish her own treat and saunter out to dig up the buried treasure and gulp it down
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 11:36 AM
no, china doesnt she wolfs it down!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 11:49 AM
My girls eat their treats as soon as they are put to them, funny really they never save any for later
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Goodness no - that would mean not eating them immediately!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >