Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-09-2011, 03:03 AM

Another bad Grand Mal seizure

Pereg woke me at about 4.15am - really bad GM, losing bladder and bowel control. She fell when getting off the bed after she came out of the seizure but got up OK.

It is nearly 6am now and she has just quietened - managed to strip everything off the bed and put one lot in the washing machine. Not sure whether to give her her regular Pb at normal time as I gave her 100mg after the seizure. There is no point in phoning my vet at this time as there is nothing he can do and her medication is due 7.45am - surgery opens 9am so maybe I should delay it until I phone.

I know nobody is around now but I just needed to talk. Sorry.
M3lRox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Oh babe that must be so scarey
How is Pereg now?
M3lRox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2011, 04:40 AM
And dont ever say your sorry for needing to talk...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Oh no, not again It must be so hard for you but Im pleased you say she has come round now, poor little Pereg. As mentioned above you can always post on Dogsey if it helps
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Oh Malka I am sorry to hear poor Pereg has had another seizure.

I hope she is quieter now and you have managed to get some rest.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 06:41 AM
So sorry Malka. I just wish you were nearer so we could give you both some proper hugs!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 08:24 AM
So sorry Malka, your poor baby.
Sorry I am unable to offer any helpful advice, but am sending huge hugs to you both from me and mine
xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone. I have spoken to Ram and he said that as I gave Pereg a double dose of Pb at ~4.30am to skip this morning's dose and bring her evening one forward a bit.

We cannot increase her Pb again so soon, and not until she has a full blood work-up which will not be for another month, and he does not want to put her on Kbr unless absolutely necessary, ie GMs every 3-4 days.

The main thing to do at the moment is just pray she does not have another one today, or start clustering.

There really is not anything else that can be done, and it is breaking my heart because I love her so very much.
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Thanks everyone. I have spoken to Ram and he said that as I gave Pereg a double dose of Pb at ~4.30am to skip this morning's dose and bring her evening one forward a bit.

We cannot increase her Pb again so soon, and not until she has a full blood work-up which will not be for another month, and he does not want to put her on Kbr unless absolutely necessary, ie GMs every 3-4 days.

The main thing to do at the moment is just pray she does not have another one today, or start clustering.

There really is not anything else that can be done, and it is breaking my heart because I love her so very much.
as always malka hun huggs to both of you's your having it hard at the moment but were all here for you anytime, and stop saying sorry on your post's ya daft ******, were hear for tips general chat and support as other things, its better to get things of ya back than to keep them to yourself.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2011, 02:51 PM
My thoughts are with you both

I agree -you dont need to say sorry
we are all here for each other ,good or bad times and even if we have no advice -we can offer love and support

BIG HUGS
Maureen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >