View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Another culpeppers fan here..and they will make them to order in what length/colour etc you want
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Have you tried Lupine leads , beauty of them is , if they are chewed you get a replacement no questions asked , I have 2 of these and if theres any damage you post it off and a brand new replacement is returned
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Ive been using Ezydog's Vario 6 leads for a while and really like them. Everyone can adjust them to whatever length they prefer and have clips at either end. They also do a version with a carabiner clip.
Holly's Mum
New Member!
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Can anyone please recommend a really strong, double ended lead, of 'normal' length...?

I've tried the Halti training lead - it wasn't strong enough so ideally am looking for something a bit tougher.

I definitely need double ended as I now have a harness (kindly recommended by DOBERMANN on this site) to which I can attach the lead both at the front and also on Dex's back.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations
Hi

Just wondered how you were getting on with this harness? I am thinking about buying one for my GSD but not sure if she will need the large or extra large - she weighs approx 37 kilos Is there a lot of room for adjustment?
JazzMan
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I have one of these made by Hunter, not cheap by any means but I have no doubt that this lead is going to last a very long time. The rope is a kind of composite braid, 10mm thick and has a lovely feel to it, soft and comfortable but still providing loads of grip. The quality and workmanship are sublime and it still looks as good as new. It is 2m long with clips at both ends and 3 rings spaced along the length. Usefully, the middle ring is big enough for the clip end to thread through which keeps the whole thing a lot tidier and easier to handle.

They are tested to hold a tractive force of up to 2.4 tonnes, so unless you are walking a small elephant, should be strong enough.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Many thanks HOLLYG1 - I've now ordered and also received a good leather double ended lead from 'doggie solutions' Many thanks!

JAZZMAN - cheers for the link, am going to look at that site now, sounds good!

HOLLY'S MUM - as the double-ended lead has only just arrived we haven't used the harness yet as I need to attach the lead to two points. Was planning to use the harness this weekend but Dex has been sooo skittish I stuck with the headcollar. I'll be happy to message you if you like later this week once I've used the harness a few times
Holly's Mum
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2011, 02:18 PM

HOLLY'S MUM - as the double-ended lead has only just arrived we haven't used the harness yet as I need to attach the lead to two points. Was planning to use the harness this weekend but Dex has been sooo skittish I stuck with the headcollar. I'll be happy to message you if you like later this week once I've used the harness a few times
Hi TabithaJ

That would be great. I haven't posted enough (yet) to enable Private Messaging (I believe 20 posts are needed and this is only my second), so if you could post on this thread I'd be grateful
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 04:31 PM
HOLLY'S MUM:

Yes of course, no problem

I'm hoping we're going to try the harness this evening. Dex has had two walks today already so it would just be a quick trot around the block to road test the harness.

Re size - just my opinion but the medium looks really small (have seen a friend's), I have the Large size for Dexter, I'll see how much room for adjustment there is, it doesn't look that big to be honest...

Watch this space...
Holly's Mum
New Member!
Female 

15-01-2011, 02:08 PM
HOLLY'S MUM:

Yes of course, no problem

I'm hoping we're going to try the harness this evening. Dex has had two walks today already so it would just be a quick trot around the block to road test the harness.

Re size - just my opinion but the medium looks really small (have seen a friend's), I have the Large size for Dexter, I'll see how much room for adjustment there is, it doesn't look that big to be honest...

Watch this space...
Hi TabithaJ

Just bumping this up as we were nearly off the page!!

Have you had a chance to try the harness yet?

Re the size, I have measured Holly around the girth and she is approx 34". I telephoned Kumfi who weren't actually that helpful re the sizing, suggesting that I order the large and if it didn't fit, send it back and order the extra large
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 02:53 PM
HI HOLLY'S MUM:

My brother is using the harness when he walks Dexter, I liked it but am using the Dogmatic headcollar as this gives me total control which I need when Dex lunges

Sorry KUMFI were not that helpful when you called - if you'd rather not get one have you tried a WALKEZEE Harness? I've read many great reviews of these.

Re sizing: I think personally the KUMFI harness comes up a bit on the small side, if that helps at all?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2