Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 07:55 PM

Three - Mobile phone provider...Grrrrrr

Beware, rant oncoming...

I decided some time ago that I would not be renewing my contract with Three when the current one ended. OH and I both have had no end of problems with text messages not arriving at all or taking 3 days to turn up etc. The price we pay monthly is extortionate and I've never had a productive conversation with them ever!
I thought I'd avoid the 'how can we convince you to stay' conversation and email them...not possible so I took a deep breath and phoned them. All I want is my PAC code so I can take my number with me, end of conversation, or so I thought.
I started the conversation with 'I'm leaving Three at the end of my contract and would like my PAC code. please do not try to convince me to change my mind as I have made my decision.' Perfectly clear I thought. The stroppy little mare on the phone tried everything to get me to stay or transfer my contract to someone else. Would she give me my PAC code before she finished reading off her 'script'...would she h**l as like!
Why can't they just listen to what you say and give you what you want without an argument? It really does wear me out. Why couldn't she just respect my decision and say 'I'm sorry you've decided to leave us Mrs. Robson but if you change your mind, please do not hesitate to call us back. Is that so b****y difficult?
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Invoke the wrath of OFCOM

How long does the Transfer process take?
Transferring 1 to 25 mobiles
(Consumer process)

Your current Service Provider must give you a PAC or a reason why it cannot be issued within 2 working days of your request.

Your PAC is valid for a period of 30 calendar days and your request must be submitted to your new Service Provider within that time.

Your number can then be transferred anytime between 7 and 37 calendar days from the date your PAC is issued.

The new Service Provider must give at least 7 calendar days notice of the port date.
From: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/numbers/num_port_info/mob_num_portab/V12IndustryGuide.pdf
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2007, 05:58 AM
I know how you feel J. Baz had such grief with them lately trying to squeeze an overpayment (that they took) of £14.99 off of them. It took 5 months of arguing on the phone to eventually get it. Amazingly, Baz decided to stay with them as their coverage is really good here. Personally, I'd have told them to go forth and multiply, however, not in those words
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2007, 06:37 AM
It's not E Mail but it's the closest your going to get

3 contact feedback query form
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2007, 11:23 AM
We have just had a letter from them saying OH owes then over £400 for a phone he hasnt used for 3 years! He hasnt had any request for payment or heard anything from them for ages. He cancelled his contract 3 years ago and now we have a debt collection company trying get money out of us! He has told the debt people he cancelled his contract over 3 years ago and wants copies of all contracts and bills from 3G. We will have to wait and see if they produce them cos apparently as we not longer have 'proof' that we cancelled the contract we have to pay up!!!!!!!!!

3G are the company from hell they should go back there and rot IMO.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks Roy

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I know how you feel J. Baz had such grief with them lately trying to squeeze an overpayment (that they took) of £14.99 off of them. It took 5 months of arguing on the phone to eventually get it. Amazingly, Baz decided to stay with them as their coverage is really good here. Personally, I'd have told them to go forth and multiply, however, not in those words
Oh, now I have my PAC code I have told them exactly that

Originally Posted by leo View Post
It's not E Mail but it's the closest your going to get

3 contact feedback query form
Thanks Leo

Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
We have just had a letter from them saying OH owes then over £400 for a phone he hasnt used for 3 years! He hasnt had any request for payment or heard anything from them for ages. He cancelled his contract 3 years ago and now we have a debt collection company trying get money out of us! He has told the debt people he cancelled his contract over 3 years ago and wants copies of all contracts and bills from 3G. We will have to wait and see if they produce them cos apparently as we not longer have 'proof' that we cancelled the contract we have to pay up!!!!!!!!!

3G are the company from hell they should go back there and rot IMO.
Absolutely horrific company to deal with. Hope you get sorted too.