Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:19 PM

Bonfire Night Baby

We have been invited to a large bonfire party up at my hubby's boss's place on Saturday night. We are looking forward to going and taking Ben with us. He is now 10 months old and I am wondering how he will react to the noise of the fireworks. Has anyone else taken such a young baby to a firework display, and what reaction did the baby show?

Thanks.

We do have some fireworks in a box in the cupboard from last year and I am wondering if we should let them go this week in the field in front of the house to gauge his reaction and to try to desensitise him to loud bangs
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:25 PM
My two loved them yea that is a good idea so then you will have an idea of his reaction. Mind you the fireworks now are sooooooo much louder than they used to be. Sometimes I think I am living in Beirut
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:34 PM
My younger step daughter was terrified of fireworks until well into her teens. She never had a bad experience, she just hated the noise (mind you, she was also scared of people dressed up in animal costumes which most others kids loved to cuddle!).

She'd always want to go to a display, but then one of us would end up sitting in the car with her when the noise started!

The other one has always loved them though.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:01 PM
maybe you could try one of those firework noise cds they have for dogs
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for your experiences guys. I ask because my sister was telling me how she got all excited about taking both her daughters as babies to watch a firework display and both of them were terrified and screamed the whole time! We shall see