Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2010, 06:58 PM
They search i did this morning had page after page of ddb's
Some really slight dogs too not what I have seen in the breed before...
Snoringbear
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
It's depressing.
Indie85
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Yes ive seen a few of these in my training classes. Got a "Mastweiler" in one at the moment. Dad Rottie x Mastiff, Mum Mastiff.

I cant see the appeal, but im guessing its cos they are cheaper than pure breed
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Oh crap, that's all we need

I hate hearing things like this. No doubt in a few years we will hear of numerous attacks by Rottie crosses - just what the breed doesn't need

As for price - if they are going for £500 plus, I see no advantage. A purebred Rott goes for between £600-750 on average.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I'd agree more with those who say its a status symbol & tough macho image. Not everyone of course but too many fall into first category

As for a cheaper version Im not sure thats a reason, you only have to go to a Pound to pick up a thoroughbred dog. Ok you dont get papers but then that doesnt worry most folk who want that type or breed of dog "cheap". On the other end of tge scale not everyone can afford 3/4 figure sums for dogs so the Pounds can be an outlet for genuine dog lovers who want to help an animal in need and give it another chance. Breed rescues - in tge future are we going to be looking at "Type" rescues as well? Sobering thought

As someone else said, its depressing
promarc
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-07-2011, 04:25 PM
hmmm found this thread looking for info on my bullmastif x rotty, and mine couldnt be any softer absolutley brill with the kids and soft as hell. When peeps walk past the gate he's up there wagging with his head to the side for a mard session, i know what peeps are saying though but any dog in the wrong hands is a dangerous dog. we got our sammy by accident as we wanted a dog, and a localish women was selling these pups all in good health and mum and dad was, that being said i would'nt hesitate to buy another mastweiler again. he's the softest loveliest dog ever. he was 9 months old in this picture and is now near 11 months old.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 05:42 PM
as ive just said in the other post, im not in to crosses and wound not ever get one. Only for the reason that i think there are enough dogs already
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:14 PM
I mwt a man with one of these on the heath last week. I guessed it was a Mastiff x Rotty and he said "close, a French Mastiff x Rotty". It was a nice looking dog and quite calm and friendly. The other cross breed he had was just plain ugly in my opinion and that was a Shar Pei x Beagle.

I asked him if he had any health problems with the Shar Pei cross and he said it had to have operations for entropion. As I went through this with Cherry I know how painful it must be for the dog.
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by promarc View Post
hmmm found this thread looking for info on my bullmastif x rotty, and mine couldnt be any softer absolutley brill with the kids and soft as hell. When peeps walk past the gate he's up there wagging with his head to the side for a mard session, i know what peeps are saying though but any dog in the wrong hands is a dangerous dog. we got our sammy by accident as we wanted a dog, and a localish women was selling these pups all in good health and mum and dad was, that being said i would'nt hesitate to buy another mastweiler again. he's the softest loveliest dog ever. he was 9 months old in this picture and is now near 11 months old.
What a beautiful lad. Handsome.

Super paws

Take care.

Seoniad.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I must say, we have just had a mastiff x rottweiler in at our rescue, and yes he was hard work. - But one of those dogs you just can't help but fall in love with.

He was great with most other dogs (unless the picked a fight with him) and he was best friends with everyone he meets.

A great dog, But yes.. concerning that so many like him are being bred, as they certainly do need owners who understand the breed and what they need. Without owners like this, its a recipe for disaster.

Oooh you got me thinking of my big fuzzy furball now, I hope he is doing well in his new home!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >