Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2005, 12:33 PM
Typical

No the school in question is GH near the old captians cabin now the marmian.
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 12:43 PM
right I know where you mean. Just would've been interesting if it was the same eh? The circumstances or rather the schools attitude were very similar to what your lad had to go through
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Jacquie, I've had the smae problem with my own son a few weeks ago, to the point that the police were called because 16 black kids (aged 14-adult) surrounded McDonalds, where my son and his friend were, telling them that they were going to shoot the both of them The worst bit was the security guard tried to throw my son and his mate out because he didn't 'want any trouble' Talk about throwing them to the wolves.

The school seemed more concerned about dealing with the white on black racism than the other way round. My son lost it and told his head of year in no uncertain terms that racism should be dealt with in both directions instead of pussy footing around incase they upset anyone
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Kirsty I know the school your talking about . Infact our friend used to be one of the janitors there. He left about a year ago as there were so many problems! alot similar to what you were talking about.

Wolfie
How terrible for your son. He must have been petrified!

What really angered me was the fact that my son had never been in trouble and was automaticly blamed and was in the wrong. He had to prove himself to the head by bringing up his brother. How aufull!
Poor lad was up at 6am this morning worried that it may carry on. If it does I will take it further.
I just think in this day and age with so many atrositys going on, it's sad that our kids cant concentrate on being young and enjoying life to the full.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 01:33 PM
He was Jacquie, and my son doesn't scare easily Even to the point that he wasn't allowed to walk to and from his mates houses alone, and he had to make sure that he could get a lift back if he was out at night but you're right, kids SHOULD be able to enjoy thier childhood.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Is it stil going on? Is he ok?

I would hate to have been in your shoes you must have been scarred witless to let him out of your house.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Everything seems to of died down now thankfully. It's not something I'd like to find myself in again, especially as the kid that started it all knows where we live

I hated my son being out at that time, I worried constantly. Even to the point I'd ring him every half hour to make sure he was ok, and he had to ring me when he got to his mates houses and again when he left to come home.

My son is a very streetwise kid, but even this frightened him, especially as there was adults involved too
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-03-2005, 01:50 PM
That really makes me sick
You would think adults would know better
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Yes, you would of thought so. My son and his mate got lift back to his mates house and a group of them jumped into a van and chased my son's mates Dad's car down the road

Apparently, the kids that started it all is renowned for picking fights with older boys and getting his mates to sort it all out for him
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 04:08 PM
god it just all makes me terrified of my boys becoming teenagers and the things they will have to face
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >