Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Yeh really mad.

Re your sons bullying. Does he like sports? The reason I'm asking is my oh runs a karate club. For anyone that gets bullied he stands firm on teaching them a martial art. Most of it is self defence but they learn how to handle themselfs too. It gives them confidence in themself and teaches how to handle situations. I'll be it he got interested you would see a diffrence. Just a thought.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 10:37 AM
My son was attacked by an asian girl.He was pushed and had racial abuse thrown at him and he just stood and took it.He then reported it to the deptuy head ...the girl is 'on report' for it and has been told if she repeats the offence it will be taken further and she will be prosecuted.
This country is in general frightened to do anything when the racism goes the other way....white on black racism makes big news.the other way round doesn't.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Archer I quite agree.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 11:27 AM
political correctness gone overboard
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
political correctness gone overboard
exactly lel i couldnt agree more. where my husband works him and the other managers are almost scared to sack anyone who is not white as they will play the racism card its ridiculous. obviousley this is just a minority of people but racism does work both ways and a lot of people will use it to their advantage
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Another example....
I work in a warehouse with mixed work force.About a year ago we had a 'memo' sent round that remarks had been made that had offended the asian workforce and any re-occurence would lead to disaplinary action.
Now ...there is writing in the gents toilet wall .It is written in I beleive Urdu.I asked an asain man what it said and he said it said 'white pigs' ...anything been done? NO.
The day the 9/11 tragedy happened another asain 'person' went into the office and loudly 'celebrated'...anything said to him...NO!
Makes you think doesn't it!
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Ive experianced it from both sides. My other son is in the Army. He gets it really tight because he is half black. He could go the racism route but he thinks he is the bigger Man not to.
He has had his passport go "missing" when he came back from Iraq as they Knew he was going to visit family in Canada. After leave it turned up again! His kit has been stolen and when he reported it he was told to knit it! His papers to do courses have gone "missing" the list goes on and on.
He joined when he was 16 and went to foundation collage. There he was beat up because "there aint no black in the union jack" he was 16 and a half then. I went balistic. Threatend to go to the papers. Which would have made it worse for him in the long run.
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 03:00 PM
I think to use the "racist" line in this case may be over-reacting - BUT your son did throw a carton of juice at someone, (all be it in response to something they started) and if my daughter came home covered in juice thrown at her by someone else, I would be justifiably furious

What would have happened if rather than retaliate, your son had complained against their behaviour towards him ?

Its not just schools that have to investigate every offence as potentially racist; employers and even the police are also expected to - to prevent accusations of racism against themselves
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes I agree with you, but remember we are talking about children here. Not adults. He did get into trouble for the juice, but had he gone to the school saying the same thing I dont think the same line of action would have been taken. Had it been my son that had thrown the chocolate and started it, then he would have been severly punished. That means no tv. pc and grounded.
Political corectiveness is takeing over. In some instances it is ignored, easpecialy if you are the minority. Think about it, White is the minority, The population of Asia, China alone out number that of America and other countrys.
We are also talking about teenagers. Rageing Hormones, Strops, spots and trying to find your identity. Any mother will tell you teenagers are far worse than babies. I should know I have two of them at the moment. O M G
Remember I have it from both sides. Black and white.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2005, 03:35 PM
I asked an asain man what it said and he said it said 'white pigs' ...anything been done? NO.
When visiting one of our clients they had F*** off White trash scrawled all over their lift
I asked why it hadnt been removed and was told that as soon as its cleared it happens again

Now if this was the opposite there would be murder going on
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >