View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Oh Marie how horrible. You must feel so violated. Glad everyone is ok. I can only imagine how angry you are feeling I would freak out.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 10:30 AM
You poor things What a horrible experience, but I am so glad no one was hurt and that they left the dogs alone I hope they catch the little sods who did this.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 10:39 AM
What an awful expierience.

Im so glad everyone was ok, yeah I think you should give dogs the run of the house would be more scarey for any intruders!

I had an incident once where my neighbours left their front door open, it was 3am and I could hear slight movement inside. I phoned my OH and he said to take Roxy over with me and check they were ok, I replied "No! what if Roxy gets hurt, i'll go over alone" my OH laughed at me.

At the end of the day who is going to mess with a Dobermann they know nothing about, and who barks and growls even if she can hear the neighbours CAT come in our house

Cut a long story short I did go over with Roxy, but I didn't go in. Next day my OH got back from his night shift at 7am and went and spoke to them, they had just left it open by mistake. Didn't stop me panicking all night! I even locked the cat flap thinking I could hear someones hand trying to open our door through it. Roxy was a good saviour that night!
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm sorry to hear this, its awful being burgled (its happened to me 5 times where I used to live! I moved, and thank god for insurance)

Its great you are keeping a positive attitude, don't let the bast......s grind you down. The main thing is the irreplaceable things are unharmed and untouched, and yeah I guess the dogs get to sleep on the sofa again now, no ones gonna mess with one of those (the burglar doesn't know they're softies!)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 11:10 AM
i am so sorry to hear you have been burgled i think you are doing the right thing by letting the dogs have the run of the house,i think they may be put off by 2 big dogs if you need to get a cctv camera, maplins sell them quite cheaply they are real easy to set up (we have 3)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Awful news, I'm so sorry Marie It makes you feel sick to your stomach doesn't it. It happened to us years ago when I lived at home, and every time I came in the front door if nobody was in, I had to stand there for 15 mins. to see if I could hear any noises! Frightening experience.

I assume you shut the boys in a downstairs room for the night then? I totally agree, let them have the run of the house from now on! I hope they catch the b**tards too! Grrrr.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry to hear what happened, glad you and the dogs are all OK.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Sorry to herar about this, glad you are all ok!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
if you need to get a cctv camera, maplins sell them quite cheaply they are real easy to set up (we have 3)
We are seriously looking at getting some CCTV my OH has been looking on E bay but now you said we can get them at Maplins. What he wants is 3 cameras link to a self contained unit that can be on our LAN either by ethernet or wireless and that has the picture time and date stamped.

I had a look on the maplins site and they have got that type of unit. My OH will be going down and make them lads that work there make their heads spin when he wants to know how it all works and what he can do with it.

Took ages to get to sleep last night kept on hearing things but since the dogs weren't making any noise everything is ok......but what if they done something to the dogs thats why they weren't making noise but what are the chances of that eventually got to sleep and my oh said when he came down stairs in the morning Holly was on the 2 seater and got off without him saying anything (didn't tell her off) and Toby was hard on in the kitchen.

Thanks for all you comments they made feel better and it's only time that will treat this what i'm experiencing at the moment.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Im sorry to hear about this, its a shame there are such scumbags in the world.

Hope the insurence sorts it out soon.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >