Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 07:52 PM

wish i had a garden right now.

bens bouncing around with his ball he found yesterday. god knows what the neighbours downstair think, but would really love a garden for him to play around in.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 07:55 PM
awh bless - if you lived near me you'd have been welcome to come and play in mine!
cumbriandoglover
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-05-2006, 08:08 PM
i have never heard of anyone having either no garden, or a dog with no garden.....how on earth do you manage?
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by cumbriandoglover
i have never heard of anyone having either no garden, or a dog with no garden.....how on earth do you manage?
we have a communal garden but the HA dont like u taking the dog in there, cann sneak him in the there now n again.but heres plenty of lovely places to walk him, 1 being hampstead heath, 2 highgate woods. but at the moment charlies not well so we havent been going far,
we are on the transfer list for a downstairs place, hopefully it will have a garden, and we do loads of toilet walks,
but i had ben b4 we moved in here, just couldnt re-home him,he does ok, just now n again i miss a garden.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 09:27 PM
I've just moved to a house with a garden, and I do feel very lucky. I think you put so much effort into walks when you don't have a garden that sometimes the dogs do better because of it!! But I love to be able to slob around in the garden in my pyjamas throwing rubber rings for the wooflers.

Got my fingers crossed for a place with a garden: for Ben's sake, but especially for yours!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Aww Ben's mum - I hope you manage to get a place with a garden! I've been desperate for ours to be secured for ages now!!!!

As a friend said to me the other day, 'a secure garden is a brilliant tool for ignoring your dog'

Takara doesn't really go in our garden, it's not secure and although she does sometimes go out on a lunge lead, she'd rather curl up in the house and she gets 3 long walks a day anyway. We've got two parks and a woods 5 mins walk away (literally at the end of the road) and a 5 minute drive takes you into the countryside. Takara really doesn't need a garden because she goes out to these places and gets a good run 3 times a day for 1-2 hours at a time so sleeps when we get back or we play and train in the kitchen!

I know loads of people round here that live in flats with their dogs and don't have gardens and their dogs don't seem to suffer because of it, if they get enough mental stimulation, exercise and are happy and healthy that's all that matters imo! There are many other people I know who have secure gardens and the dog gets ignored because they can just stick it outside!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Hope you get your garden soon,I am always aware what a privilege it is to live somewhere with a garden,and we have fields outside our door too,so we are very lucky.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 07:30 AM
if you were closer to me you could come share mine x
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I also have communual gardens, i haven't really found it to be too much of a problem yet. Roxy gets good walks in the evening and off-lead plays outside with me when i get home from work. Its good.

But OH has now suggested moving to a bigger house with a garden so we can get more doggys
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
But OH has now suggested moving to a bigger house with a garden so we can get more doggys

Now that sounds like a very good idea! The type of idea I would come up with!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >