Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
how will you toilet train, chew train, and obedience train puppies if no one is at home all day?
puppies need several small meals during the day.
how will you do this?
im still interested in how this would work?
im intrigued, as this thread has many posts concentrating on the rights and wrongs of getting 2 pups together (i think it unadvisable myself), but no on else seems to have picked up on the point of how are the pups going to be raised if no one is home all day?
which the OP stated would be the case in the first post.

i feel that is more significant.

espesh as we have another thread on this topic running at the moment.
tezziebear
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2009, 07:27 AM
I may not have made myself completely clear about the work/school situation.
The three people in the house have all different starting and finishing times so the pup would have someone at home most of the day bar a few hours at a time and all three people are very committed to ensuring the pup would be well looked after, loved completely, exercised and trained. Yes idealy having someone at home most of the time would be better but there must be 1000's of puppie raised by working people who turn out great. Surely committment, enthusiasium and prioritising counts!!!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by tezziebear View Post
The three people in the house have all different starting and finishing times so the pup would have someone at home most of the day bar a few hours at a time and all three people are very committed to ensuring the pup would be well looked after, loved completely, exercised and trained. Yes idealy having someone at home most of the time would be better but there must be 1000's of puppie raised by working people who turn out great. Surely committment, enthusiasium and prioritising counts!!!!
Absolutely. I've said this before, there are many people that are home all day that don't take a blind bit of notice of their dogs, except feeding, letting out to the toilet, etc. I think it is better to have a few weeks at home with the pup, when it first comes to you, for training, housetraining, etc. and getting settled in but, after that, so long as the pup is not left for longer than four hours without a break or some company, I can't see there being a problem.

I am lucky enough not to have to leave mine at all but I appreciate that many homes are not able to do that but can provide fantastic homes for pups/dog, just the same
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by tezziebear View Post

thanks for clarification.
your original post read like you were getting 2 pups to keep each other company as no one would be home all day.

the scenario you have now added is perfectly doable, and you are right, attitude counts.

but i still agree with the others for the reasons given that 2 pups at once is ill-advised.
tezziebear
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Yep Krusewalker, We have certainly changed our minds about 2 puppies together thanks to this thread and all the opinions and examples given. Much appreciated!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5