register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CBT
Dogsey Senior

15-03-2005, 02:23 PM
I disagree but im not going to go into detail as i dont want it to end up a big argument, suffice to say i think there are as many badly bred dogs in the showring as there are out of it, and there are good and bad breeders on both sides of the fence.
KC papers are just a peice of paper, they are open to fraud and abuse as most things in this world are.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 03:49 PM
there are good and bad breeders on both sides of the fence.
KC papers are just a peice of paper, they are open to fraud and abuse as most things in this world are.
i dont think any one would disagree with you Spider
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Hello Pete,
I am a member of The Scottish Staffordshire bull terrier commitee, and my personal thoughts are that if a show is a day out then thats fine, as I said no one in my opinion can choose the best dog of any breed by what is asked of them in a show ring, I also attend Lurcher shows, which are meant to be a fun day out in the closed season, but even here the need for a piece of coloured cardboard is creeping in. I believe the KC to be very victorian in it 's approach to dogs, and can not condemn anyone who attends weightpull or agilty events, as they certainly tell you far more about a dog than any KC show ever will. To each their own.
I have shown Glory twice once at a Champ show, and once at a club show, he does not like it and I will probably not show him again, my bitch is only 8months I will try her if she seems unhappy the same will apply. Glory was given a second place on each occasion. I have owned Staffords for 22years and been around dogs for 43years.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

15-03-2005, 05:21 PM
i totally agree with everything you have said housedog, wish there were more people with your point of view on breed club committees, that way things might get changed for the better
pete
Almost a Veteran

15-03-2005, 05:46 PM
im a bit confused what your a member of ,is it the scottish staffordshire bull terrier club your a comitte member of housedog ,or the staffordshire bull terrier comitte your member of and if it is,is this a kc registered club or can anyone join?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 06:31 PM
anyone can join a committee though - so long as theres someone there to vote you on
Im on A&D
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 07:21 PM
wish there were more people with your point of view on breed club committees, that way things might get changed for the better
Have you joined one Spider
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-03-2005, 07:45 PM
excellent post eraze .... mentioning commitees i am on N.I. one also i will always tell people to go for KC reg to especially when i have seen with my own eyes what has been used for breeding in the so called irish staff below is a pedigree of a staff thats non reg have a good look at that what does it tell you (because its not done on a proper pedigree paper dont knock it it s a real one)
[img][680:700]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/mintyjazz/ped.jpg[/img]
pete
Almost a Veteran

15-03-2005, 07:52 PM
lol minty thats a cracker i love the tipexed bits .
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-03-2005, 07:56 PM
pete that is a genuine ped its from a breeder that keeps a book of peds on his breeding its just meant to show what they put on their peds not to try and make funny but i know what you mean
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >