Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Nooooo - you want a GSD, not a Rottie

Seriously, you sound as though you are really keen on this pup, so you need to get your OH on your side. Did he come and look at the pups too? As already said, if he does the main dog duties, then it may not be fair to bring another dog in, but if you do the majority, then he can't really complain, can he?

From my experience, I have found it easier to have an even number of dogs - although four can be a bit of a handful at times.
RubyR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Ooh this is a good post. I really want a third dog and I was worried it might be too much - only from other peoples reactions that I'm mad. I do most of the dog care, do all the long walks (OH does the quick one last thing at night), feeding and all the training, and I feel its OK to have three.
OH has said he doesn't mind alhtough he is not that interested. Oh well, I shall keep looking for dog No3!!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 08:37 PM
OH does 80 % of poo patrol. I do 99% of feeding and training.

I have conceeded and we have mutually (kind of) agreed to wait another 6-12 months till Kiera and Kato a bit older. And he will then have his Malinois, GSD ect.

Mind you they always end up coming to me LOL

I am off to sulk

Its pants being an adult
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I think once you go from 1 dog to 2 you can carry on.

Everyone said when i got jo i would struggle, think of all the xtra work bla bla, but they are great together and really 2 is no more hassel.
If anything it is easier so......on that basis get the Pup. x
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 08:51 PM
I have to say you have probably made the right decision.

OH bought Inca, for us.... with his Xmas bonus actually that was earmarked for our holiday.... so no holiday for anyone that year.

Tonto was bought for Mum when she was dying, so although now my dog (my baby) he wasn't my choice either.

...... and now I do 100% of everything! The feeding, the walking, the depooping, the grooming, the bathing, the taking to the vets, it's my car with the dog guard and the hairs, it's me they run from when they see the nail clippers or the kitchen roll (for Tont's glands).

So next dog will be my choice and my choice alone...... although Charlie has got his eye on two of his favourite breeds lol.

..... and I do have to say that both our dogs love me most too.
looby-loo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Think you have made the right choice to wait. I have 3 large dogs. 2x 14 month old rescues and 1x 5 n a half month old. Its tough work. LOL
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 09:24 PM
oh hun i have 5 well 6 incliding pup...lol

but have 13 at the mo in a 2 bed bungalow and i have no probs at all with them, i have 2 that 1 1/2yr 1 at 1 yr, 1 at 2yrs 1 at 4yrs and oh pup is 29days old ............lol sorry i now i am bad if it was me i would be going for it.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
OH does 80 % of poo patrol. I do 99% of feeding and training.

I have conceeded and we have mutually (kind of) agreed to wait another 6-12 months till Kiera and Kato a bit older. And he will then have his Malinois, GSD ect.

Mind you they always end up coming to me LOL

I am off to sulk

Its pants being an adult
I am glad to hear you have decided to wait, at the end of the day the 2 of you need to work together and as he does the most of the poo patrol I think its only fair that he has a say
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 11:04 PM
You hate puppies, remember. Biting, pooing, peeing, exhausting, fussy little things. Pffft. Who'd want a puppy!

When you gettin' him and whatcha gunna call him? ;o)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 11:06 PM
what litter did you see? rottie pups are ooooober cute though aint they?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >