Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
You know what this is? This is not the police trying to stop the problem of dangerous dogs, it's the council. This is a council attempting to cash in on a child's death. Makes me want to be sick - it's purely financial to them!
I agree, What we need to find out is in the statistics for dog related issues in Wandsworth. I want to know how they are justifying £500 a year. For example a thousand dogs of the stated breeds = £500,000 income for the council, if only 10 dogs of the stated breeds escape over the year they would need to cause £500,000 worth of expense in order to justify the license fee in the first instance. Even then there is the fact that 990 dog owners are paying for ten dog owners' mistake/negligence/call it what you will. I really do not see how the council can justify it, my feelings are that they are looking to cash in on the media hype because it doesn't actually solve anything
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2