View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Well here I am - always controversial - "Don't do it June - put that phone down!" Was just watching the TV News and it says that 62% of ladies over 34 (which probably just includes you) have a predisposition toward being a touch on the portly side. So to save you from this unenviable fate I am encouraging you to leave "Just Eat" to others.
There was much blue language in our lounge when the Mem heard this. She is as I speak mumbling and ranting about "why only women" what about all those big fat lard-a**ed fellas. It has truly got at her. (About time something did! LOL).
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 06:58 PM
i nearly wee'd myself when they compared obesity to terrorism...obesity will damage you, maybe your family/friends and fair enough will cost the nhs money but i think a comparison to terrorism is bonkers. A bit of what you fancy now and then is o.k in my opinion, i am very slightly overweight but mine is drug related...nothing i can do about it...sadly try as i might, i have never been overweight before in my life and hopefully one day i will get back to how i used to be
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2015, 06:59 PM
I put on weight when I had to stop riding, its not only the riding, its all the work involved before and after riding, I maintain.Still probably do far more walking and stuff than lots of people, male and female, my age though. By the time I've cleaned up in the morning, walked the girls, cleaned up again, carried bales of shavings about and chucked them in the loft, cleaned out again, I must surely burn a few calories Plus there's the housework to do and gardening in the summer.
I don't see anything wrong in eating the odd Magnum (or 3) chocolate, or whatever takes my fancy though. May as well do as I like whilst I can
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Wet and absolutely freezing here. Got soaked at the morning walk but have since managed to stay dry lol but really not pleasant to be out, icy, icy, icy cold wind. Sammy's eating me out of house and home, no idea where he puts it as he's just skin and bone.

Laughed at LG's fear of rhinoceroses.

Eating a bar of Milka strawberry yoghurt chocolate, mmm it's delicious
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2015, 08:27 PM
You are NOT wrong June - think most of us on here have managed to get towards an age where it doesn't really matter a monkeys what we eat or do. I'm only limited by the kidneys and diabetes but even then can control the occasional indulgence (as long as it is only that) by adjusting my dosage of insulin. I deliberately do as much physical work as possible so that at least I maintain some level of muscle tone. Don't like getting old - that's my problem. lol ! Well I better get used to it as there is only one alternative and that's half a day out with the Co-op!
Griff - Don't go blaming the drugs - you are a self confessed spudaholic!lol!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Lol, any carbs will do me LG, in the 3 years i have known my consultant i have put on 2 stone and he knows i am not happy about it, hopefully be able to do a bit more iif i start feeling better
Awww bless ikkle Sammy, i used to have to feed my old lad twice the daily recommended amount just to keep him looking reasonable
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Good evening 1CD - Glad we are not alone with this icy wind lark - it helps to share! Yeah right!
The choccy bar sounds spot on but I'm forbidden it on 2 accounts (curses!)
Nearly as appealing as the marzipan that keeps getting referred to on here - I know everyone is only talking about it as a cake decoration/icing base, but I absolutely adore the damn stuff. I can resist an awful lot of beautiful confectionery but the very mention of marzipan throws me into paroxysms of sugary lust! lol !
Ref - keeping weight on small dogs - if Sammy will eat it a daily raw chicken wing on top of his normal diet should soon increase his body weight.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2015, 08:49 PM
I will try not to mention the m word LG. My eldest hats it as my mum use to keep giving it to him when she was doing her Christmas cakes.
I love it but try to avoid eating to much.

I think most of us get to a certain age and find we are slightly more portly than we ought to be. You have to have some vices though don't you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-12-2015, 08:55 PM
"there's a website I've discovered called 'Just Eat'"

I'll have a look at that, thanks
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-12-2015, 08:59 PM
LG,my son is diabetic, has been since he was 17 months old, probably earlier but he virtually died before they diagnosed what it actually was. Things seem to have changed a lot since I looked after his food etc. He is on 2 different insulins, one he does in the morning, and the other one he can top himself up with during the day, depending on what he is eating. Soooo if he comes here for tea, he'll ask what he's having and then give himself the appropriate amount of insulin. He has an App on his phone that gives him the amount of carbs in the majority of foods and take aways. So he can have an ice cream after tea if he wants (NOT a Magnum, obviously, I give him cornettos)
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >