Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Lynne - did Taffy get near any bbq remains as that looks as if it could be the remainder of a char-grilled sweet corn. I hope his tummy has not suffered.
Ah!! I think you could be right Malka. I think some idiots had had a BBQ in the park over the weekend. There was loads of debris around the other day but the rangers had ( I thought) cleared it up. They obviously missed that bit as he was rummaging round that area on I think Wednesday. Damm dogs- you need eyes in the back of your head He's fine now he's got rid of that. Had to wash his bed though as it was covered in bile.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Morning all
Sorry I haven't made the past couple of days to say Hi,but it's been chaos here with having new carpets fitted etc and Lizzie was poorly a few days ago,feeling better though now.

Beautiful morning here,been and dropped off Lizzie and done my shopping and picked up some new ladders from B&Q so I can finally put some boxes up the loft

Builders were outside this morning at 6am blasting out music,apparently the lady from next door has had a go at them for it.There still building at the back of us,so we're currently getting alot dirt and noise,but when they go at 4pm it's lovely

Had a quick chat with the neighbours yesterday,they seem really nice,always say a quick hello and ask how you are when they see us

Tom has signed for the local football team and went training on wednesday evening with them,he's hoping to make some new friends and some of the lads are also going on to the same college too

Have a good day all xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Afternoon to all those I missed earlier and all that come after

TM, blimey, if he ate some of that it wouldn't be good, cos as Malka says I think it's a burnt out corn cob and they're not good for dogs The corn is ok obviousleeeee, but not that cob. Good luck with Taff I hope he's ok now.

Hi Sal, nice to see you popping in even though you're very busy having just moved in, andit's lovely to hear the neighbours are friendly, just what you wished for hey.

Went to the bone cruncher and he had printed off a picture of my neck from the mri disk, and he sat and explained what is going on there, and it's not at all good Apparently, I have no "gap" alongside the spinal chord along a short section (4 and 5 from memory), and he said he is going to put this print out in with my notes, so that he knows never to touch the upper part of my neck otherwise he'll kill me or paralyse me Don't want that do we!!!! Well some of us do lol!

He was very pleased with my outcome so far, and did some more deep massage, and then he wanted to do some crunching He did my middle back, it crunched, but didn't feel any different, then he went to my neck He told me not to worry cos he was quite safe doing this at the lower end, so I trusted him and let him go ahead after he had a good feel around in there just cos he is so interested, I'm a very interesting case apparently Anyway, he crunched and although I felt ok, when I sat up, I felt a bit strange again with the swaying, which happened when I first damaged those neck disks and ended up in hospital not knowing which way was up. Anyway, it went in a couple of minutes and I've been ok ever since, phew!

I wonder why they have to "crunch" your back like that so that it cracks? I might have to Google now.

I managed a swift zoom around Sainsbury's my legs work fine again and there is absolutely no pain in my back. However, Dave is home tonight, so I'm sure I'll get a pain in the neck again lol (if you catch my drift there )

Gary has mowed the lawns front and back. I let him do the back cos the grass was 6" tall, the new turf has taken a treat, and now it looks like a brand new lawn all over, but I'm sure it won't take Zena long to ruin it all again by wee'ing on it, but what can you do.

Off for lunch now, bit of telly and a well earned nanny nap with an ice pack on my back.

Hope everything is well with you Jen, still thinking about you.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Afternoon all,

What a beautiful day now - sun is out and its warm So nice to have the back door open so that the dogs can play in the garden as they please ... but they do prefer me to be there too I had a lovely walk first thing with them and we met plenty of other dogs.

LS and Malka - I am so pleased that Loki and Pereg were settled last night and have remained fit free. Sorry that both of you didn't have such a good night though.
Lore - enjoy you weekend and I hope you have the need for the suncream .... which will mean its warm and sunny
Nippy - I was shocked and really saddened by your post about your son. Everything crossed and lots of love being sent to you and him for a good result on the MRI. (((hugs)))
EmmiS - Enjoy your day and your Thai - I'm very jealous as I adore Thai food However, I'm jealous of the runs you do
Mini - Afternoon and I hope the jabs went OK. I had my two done last month and it seems to come around again so quickly.
Lynn - I hope your lovely Dillon walk this morning has helped set you up for what may be a stressful afternoon with your Mum. I hope it goes well.
Moyra -Sorry to hear your back is still playing you up.
Taffsmum - Yes a corn cob!! One of my dogs was sick in his bed sometime during the night - bits of fire cone and bile. The kitchen stunk so I too have a dog bed on the washing carousel drying in the sun. Both of my dogs will eat anything that is not attached to the ground and it drives me mad. I assume Taffy is a scavenger too.
Sal - It sounds as though you and your family are really settling in - well done and how lovely to have nice neighbours this time round.
Helena - Oooheeer - I hope your neck is OK ... it doesn't sound exactly as it should be. I think that noise when bones are clicked is either caused from a gas or the noise of the fluid around the joint. Poor you. I've got a degenerative disc in my lower back from a riding accident many years ago. I think if you were a rider and sporty when younger you somehow suffer later in life from skeletal problems . The trouble is when you are young, you can't imagine ever being old

I have just had to re-type half this post - goodness knows what button I hit on my keyboard but it isn't the first time to loose a whole section of type. I'm posting this now before it happens again.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 02:25 PM
We didn't go to the Wildlife Park - I discovered we can go for a fraction of the price if I exchange some Tesco vouchers, so that is what I will do.

Instead we went to the park and did some scootering. It was free!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Thank you all for your kind wishes, I tried to remember who said what but I'm afraid I am on another planet today.
A couple of you with bad backs, ouch I hope they are better soon.
Malka I would be outta there with Lizards about
Well H we all know you are an interesting case, one of a kind you are!! Hope the improvement continues for you. You never know you might be fully recovered by the time Dave gets home
Jenny all my doors are open too and Pepsi is outside panting like mad but won't come in. That is just how I lost all my post yesterday, gawd knows what I did

Thank you all for your well wishes
Paul is very fed up, they have yet to find a slot to do his MRI, it may be over the weekend sometime.
Can't remember if I said he is on a "fork mash diet". this is not good news for my son he rather likes his food. For breakfast he was given Weetabix which he is not keen on and a banana which he detests so he can't wait to get home.
It's the waiting and not knowing that is the worst bit of all this.
Well I have cooled down now so I'm going back out into the sun
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 03:16 PM
Glad to hear everyone's having a lovely day and enjoying the beautiful weather, make the most of it, tomorrow will more than likely be winter
Yer man sounds like he really knows his stuff Helena, it is really good when they take the trouble to sit down with you and show you what has happened, tell you what is wrong and then how they intend to help you, and also to know what their limitations are on keeping you pain free.
Not so sure I like the sound of the ice packs, but then again its a warm day after all.
Thinking of you Lynn, moving your mother, this is not going to be a good day for you, it will all come together but not without a possible load of grief for those of you who are doing their utmost to do their best by her, and the abuse they will most likely have to suffer. Big advance hugs, cos you'll need them.
That is dreadfully worrying about your son Nippy, especially as they seem to be dragging their feet on finding out exactly what the problem is, like you I wonder why on earth they didn't scan in the beginning.
Sounds like another day in Paradise for you Jenny, doors open and dogs playing nicely together.
Good idea about using your vouchers for the wildlife park Linda and glad to hear Loki is still OK.
I hope you like this carpet when it finally does arrive Malka, because otherwise you'll be going through all this waiting several times over by the looks of things. Nice that you had an undisturbed night all in all and that she is looking stable for the moment.
Your new house and neighbourhood sounds lovely Sally, such a relief after all the years of horrid neighbours, you must think you've landed in another world
Been a busy bee today. Got everyone out for a walk and a play on the field, then put the big umbrella up and they all lay underneath out of the sun having their lunchtime bones.
I found I had yet another soft tyre this morning, thankfully not a totally flat one. So off to the tyre place again, I said to him if it was the same problem as the other one then I would be bringing my car in for him to check the other 2 wheels and he agreed, anyhow it was the valve this time. So they have done that, I never go there even once in a year sometimes, I have been twice in the same week up to now.....
Went off to fill up with lpg - cost me £26 - oh I love it. Then off for shavings and picked up some chicken and tripe pet mince whilst I was there then headed back home, got pet mince from the butchers and ox heart, and a couple more plants, popped into Asda and home for something to eat, I'm starving, I may even go and sit outside for an hour.
It is lovely having some money in the bank, today is my payday when my works pension goes in, after today we are back to scrimping and scraping, but it is nice to have one day when I'm not
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Malka, look what I have just read.....
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.u...ail/story.html

about 10 miles down the road from us
I'm always concerned about what might jump out from bananas!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 03:19 PM
imagine finding that in your fruit bowl
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Malka, look what I have just read.....
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.u...ail/story.html

about 10 miles down the road from us
I'm always concerned about what might jump out from bananas!
That is a little tiddler - smaller than a lot of the house geckkos! Outside lizards here are more like this

and some have gigantic heads...
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »