Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 10:03 AM

Would They Stay Together? Hypothetical Question

God Forbid your dogs should ever get lost (eg Homeward Bound), do you think they would stay together?
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Never thought of this but I guess Cherry would try to keep with Parker as she is poorly sighted so he could be her guide dog!

I would be absolutely beside myself if Cherry did get lost, with or without Parker, as she is fear aggressive with big dogs so goodness knows what she would do if she encountered any large canines when out and about on her own!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 10:58 AM
I'd like to think so, but who knows?

Isla would just go into panic mode trying to find me and probably ignore Oscar, but Oscar is besotted with Isla so would more than likely stick close to her while she panics!

I had to leave Isla with some people a couple of times yesterday at the pointing test and everytime the the dogs were reunited Oscar went ballistic when greeting Isla. Quite sweet really!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I honestly dont think so... Zoe would want to follow one of the dogs, Mouse would get to sniffing then get lost and sit down and start screaming... which might bring Oliver, but he'd be so busy trying to mark everything in sight, and trying to be the toughest dog around, that I dont thing he'd stay with the others. Boo's too new, and Scout, well, she'd find the closest person and go home with them! LOL
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Well one time our last trio of dogs did get out when the coalman left the side gate open even tbough mum (lived at home then) had asked him to close it, plus he left the front gate open. As mum was paying him at front door the 3 dogs ran down the driveway shoulder to shoulder, out the front gate & up road at side of tbe house. Mum said she was speechless. She went to lookfor them but by that time they were nowhere to be seen! She was wondering what to do, instinct told her to close the house up & get her coat on. She had just did that, came out front gate when round the corner came the three Boxers still shoulder to shoulder & ran in the gate past her, which she shut quick! Now odds of all dogs doing that must be quite rare!!

I doubt K & H would stay together, probably run to whatever or whoever took their fancy!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 11:25 AM
My gsd would likely go off on her own, she would panic, but she has a brain and would use it, either stay close to where i last was or try to make her way home...she wouldnt wait for the collies.
The collies probably wouldnt care and rip would go off on her own, but im pretty sure mav would stick with her as he is a wimp on his own!!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 11:38 AM
aww i watched homeward bound the other day

i honestly dont know about mine. i think asbo would stick close to daphni because he follows her everywhere, absolutely loves her

daph is quite clever and could cope on her own i think, so asbo would hopefully follow her lead, she can chase rabbits pheasents and squirrels. i have no doubt she can catch them, the only reason she hasnt to date is because i always call her off.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 12:08 PM
I think ours might . They have a well structured bond between them.

When we have been out on large dogsey walks, you know how they are all doing thier own thing, ours stick together even when others are going in different directions.

I've watched the reaction when say 3 of mine walk on and 2 are debating whether to follow the other dogs on the walk in water or over fields.... they stop and then they run after our other 3 without being told too
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Hmmmm never thought about it. At the minute I would assume Ludi would follow Ozzy as he is still only a baby and follows Ozzy around anyway
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Max is an only dog but years ago when we had Tim (Great Dane) and Sooty (Lab), they were only a few months old, we had recently moved and thought we had made all of the large garden escape proof. They managed to find a tiny gap and squeezed out. The house is quite rural so thankfully they went out onto fields and not roads. My Dad had been out with them so knew straight away they'd got out which helped him to follow them, plus the fact that it was snowing so he also had their prints to follow . When he caught up with them they were sat in a farm building, huddled together looking very sorry for themselves!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >