Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2008, 05:20 AM

MRI Scan Today - 3pm

Well , It's been a long wait but I'm finally going for a scan today. After waiting since 12th November on the NHS , and not hearing anything , my employer (Royal Mail) agreed to pay for a private scan. I'm back at work on a rehab programme , only working for 4 hours and no lifting , bending or pushing heavy trollies of mail around. These were the conditions set by our occupational health service , and cannot be changed until I have the results from my MRI. Even so , it may be that I have to stay on light duties forever. I already know I have degeneration (osteoarthritis) of my spine as I've had x-rays taken. The MRI is to find out if there is a slipped disc pressing on my sciatic nerve. If it's not a disc , then it will be bony growth from the osteoarthritis trapping my nerve.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 06:24 AM
good luck

sue
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Best of luck, I have exactly the same condition & it's miserable .
I've been medically retired now, as some days I'm better than others..but I'll never be as I was.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Good luck hope they find what the problem is the last time I had a MRI scan I fell asleep
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Good luck with the scan today, glad your employer is supporting you x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Hope it goes well and you get the results you want.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by *Lorraine* View Post
Best of luck, I have exactly the same condition & it's miserable .
I've been medically retired now, as some days I'm better than others..but I'll never be as I was.
ive got that in my lower back. now just live on painkillers. but do have good days and then imake the most of it. walk.
hope the scan went well.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Good luck hope they find what the problem is the last time I had a MRI scan I fell asleep
How could you sleep in all that noise

I hope things went well today Sue and I hope you have a good outcome.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2008, 09:09 PM
The scan was a breeze . Bupa phoned me at 11-30 this morning to say they were running late , so could I be there for 4pm instead of 3. I agreed. About half an hour later , they phoned again to say they had made up the time , so was 3-30pm ok? I said yes. Just as I turned into the entrance to the hospital though , my car broke down , but that's another thread . I rang the hospital from my mobile , explained what had happened and they said it would be ok if I was a little late , they re-booked my scan for 4pm. After I got the car sorted out , I walked up the drive to the hospital , had a bit of a laugh about it with the receptionist then went through for my scan. I got on the table and got the headphones on and off I went into the scanner. It wasn't as loud and noisy as I expected , and I had to try hard not to fall asleep. Every so often , I felt the muscles in my back relax so I had to concentrate to keep still. The scan took about 20 minutes. After the scan , I asked how long it would take to get the results. I was told that it takes about a week , so tomorrow I'll phone my doctors and ask them to contact me to make an appointment when they get my results. Anyway , with the car fiasco , I didn't get home until 6-30pm. I had to phone my work to say I couldn't get in tonight ,so I've got an unexpected night off . The scan was a breeze , although the music playing on the headphones was rubbish . I nearly fell asleep in the scanner too .
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Glad it went well MM (other than the car)

I know what you mean about falling asleep in the scanner, I tried hard not to fall asleep when I had mine, and I didn't have any music