View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 07:36 AM
My dog's name changed quickly too. We called her 'Titch' when I got her but it quickly changed to Bella when the lady next door (who speaks Italian) just kept exclaiming BELLISSIMA! every time she saw her and was outraged that we'd called a beautiful young lady TITCH lol! She's Bella forever now and because Bella rhymes with 'ella' (that's Greek for 'come here!') I rather like it ... Ella Bella!
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 10:00 AM
My first dog (GSD/lab/collie) was called Lucky.
Stereotypical dog name I suppose lol - we said the reason was because she was apparently found a bin with her sister before coming to the dogs home.... but really its just because 6 year old me was given naming privelleges

Grayson (cairn/border terrier) was originally going to be called Dylan or Archie for some reason. When we saw him they didn't suit at all, so Grayson it was - after Dick Grayson AKA Robin/Nightwing from the Batman universe. I have a little obsession with that particular fictional character and my best boy needed a special name

Ripley the smooth fox terrier is simply named after Sigourney Weaver's character in the Alien film series. Partly because its a cool name, partly because she's a great character in a great series and partly because its kind of geeky, like Grayson

Rory is mostly named so because I wanted an 'R' name to match Ripley - same breed and all!
It's short for Rorschach, half because his black patches remind me of The Rorschach Test (inkblots), and half to go with my geeky terrier theme after the character from Watchmen
His KC name is Bromorganwg Athos. He and his brothers were named after The Three Musketeers
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2013, 10:14 PM
All my dogs must have "people" names as they are definatly more like my children than dogs! I kind of watch a new dog and try to pick out a name that fits.
Pearl, because a pearl is delicate like her.
Rheana, pretty name for a pretty girl.
Vanessa, just liked the name
Molly Jo, liked the name Molly and Jo is my middle name.
Joey, because he reminds you of a baby kangaroo when he works his way up under your shirt to sleep.
Phoebe, no real reason she just looks like a Phoebe.
Itoy & Suerti
New Member!
Female 

25-02-2013, 04:18 AM
My Lhasa Apso - Itoy - (pronounced e-toy) means puppy in the phillippines
Dachshund x Maltese - Suerti - (pronounced swerty) means Lucky in the Phillippines
(my hubby is filipino)
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Mollie just because we liked the name
Betty after my late MIL, not sure she would approve having a dog named after her but we loved her and wanted to honour her a little.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by manydogz View Post
All my dogs must have "people" names as they are definatly more like my children than dogs! I kind of watch a new dog and try to pick out a name that fits.
Pearl, because a pearl is delicate like her.
Rheana, pretty name for a pretty girl.
Vanessa, just liked the name
Molly Jo, liked the name Molly and Jo is my middle name.
Joey, because he reminds you of a baby kangaroo when he works his way up under your shirt to sleep.
Phoebe, no real reason she just looks like a Phoebe.
All my dogs have had 'people' names too. Jenny, Sally, Charlie, Bella. And no association at all with any pedigree names. My little CKCS 'proper' name was Princess Pollyanna Poppet lol! She was definitely more of a Charlie Girl!
ianandlynda
New Member!
Female 

25-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Snowboots Bobby because I am white all over....most of the time!
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-02-2013, 08:33 PM
My Rottie x GSD was called Benson he was already called that when we got him. My first Rottie was called Duke which related to his pedigree name, same with Louie my second Rottie. My SBT was called Ossie because the people who had him first called him Uzi (after the gun) and thought he was a weapon As for Lola, we just liked the name.
Bones68
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-02-2013, 08:53 PM
We seem to pick names from kids TV program's

Our new pup is called Dougal ...after the dog from Magic Roundabout (even though he looks nothing like the character!)

Have to admit, it makes me laugh when people much younger have never heard of magic roundabout...it makes me feel old!

Our old dog Spike was named after the bulldog in Tom & Jerry..again he bore no resemblance!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Rosie just because I liked the name and thought it suited her, although my daughter and hubby call her Rosebud
Although not a dog my female cat was called Diesel, named after the grumpy engine from Thomas Tank, named by my the 2 yr old son who loved Thomas tank a lot, I must say it somehow suited her because she was a very bossy and
grumpy diva
Page 43 of 46 « First < 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 >