View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:39 AM
I have a little puppy and 4 other dogs who are aged between 11 - 15 . They do tell her off sometimes and now she has got the message , they are never vicious towards her but they do let her know what they will and will not put up with . If they snarl at her I never tell them off .
I do not allow her to annoy them and I will remove her or distract her . She plays a lot with her toys and if she get bored of that I give her something to chew .
She also goes to training classes and we practice the training out in the garden . It's now 3 months down the line and I can honestly say things are better than I could ever have hoped for and everyone is happy .
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I have a little puppy and 4 other dogs who are aged between 11 - 15 . They do tell her off sometimes and now she has got the message , they are never vicious towards her but they do let her know what they will and will not put up with . If they snarl at her I never tell them off .
I do not allow her to annoy them and I will remove her or distract her . She plays a lot with her toys and if she get bored of that I give her something to chew .
She also goes to training classes and we practice the training out in the garden . It's now 3 months down the line and I can honestly say things are better than I could ever have hoped for and everyone is happy .

That's good to hear! Not sure how Tonks would get on with a puppy....would not even consider it until she was at least 18 months old though. At the moment her reaction to very young puppies is to have a sniff and then lie on them and look at me.... ....silly pup, no idea why she does it, i don't think she really knows what they are and has no idea what to do with them.

(needless to say i don't let her continue lying on them! )
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all your brilliant advice. She is kept in the kitchen at the mo and the others in the utility which runs off the kitchen with a stable door. I have to crate her when we are not here and at night because she is chewing tremendously!!

I am sure this will all sort itself out in time. Just got to be patient! They have all just been outside for a while so she is tired now!

Here are some pics - taken last week

catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Awww lovely pics, she is realy cute and the other dogs are gorgeous too. They look quiet relaxed with her which is good !
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Aww she is a little treasure and your older dogs are lovely too. I'm sure your doing everything right just time and patience and lots of good advice here
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 04:43 PM
They are all gorgeous ! I would allow them to be all together when you are there to supervise and keep them separate when you are not there as you are doing . Everything will be good soon
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2008, 06:10 PM
How cute!

I recently read an article called "He Just Wants to Say Hi", and I have to say, I found it very interesting. It is geared towards owners of dogs who are often misunderstood as "unfriendly", when really they are telling off boisterous youngsters for rudeness.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Aw what a lovely little doggy family xx
Remember puppies are only puppies for a very short time, MB I bet they will all be great together eventually
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2008, 08:56 PM
thank you
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Thank you for your interest and advice everybody!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2