Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Must of been at least 7 years ago as it was before Ollie became ill and he has been at rainbow bridge 5 years this year.
Sorry of course you did mention it, trouble is I sometimes have problems remembering 7 days ago let alone 7 years

But I'll never forget Ollie, his life mirrored Baruska in many ways, except that at the end you did know what caused his death. We were never able to do that with Baruska.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2016, 01:00 PM
No worries Harvey 7 hours remembering is sometimes the limit for me.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Back from my travels now. Had a nice walk with Mabs & Co. met a couple of walkers, which is unusual in the week, and then got Cariad and Lona out. Was just on my way off the field with them when a dog appeared from nowhere and started leaping about, it was a small black one with a harness on but no one in sight. Remembering that last time this sort of thing happened and I hung on to the leads and broke a finger (still doesn't bend properly) I let Lona go as she was the lesser of 2 evils, hung onto Cariad and Lona had it pinned, but lots of noise and nothing else, she was entirely oblivious to me telling her to Leave, as when she let the dog up it started again,so she put it down again. Cariad was wanting to join in and was holding onto her just about. Person appeared who owned dog but was no use as she was calling it and that was taking not a blind bit of notice either.
Finally got Lona to come and got her lead and walked off with them. If I get a letter or visit from the Dog Warden I will not be nice, my dogs were onlead minding their own business, and I am not prepared to be dragged over on a muddy slippy field and get hurt again because someone else has let their dog out of sight. Lona has had a good telling off and she knows I am Not Pleased,I keep getting the big brown eyes off her.
Been for shavings and carrots, called in at Iceland (still in muddy boots and dog walking coat) on the way back. Girls now have chicken fillets and drumsticks, and I have venison burgers,milk, lemon sole fillets, tempura battered fillets and cheese. I did go for lpg first as it was on one bar when I started it this morning, did go up to 2 bars, but not worth risking in deciding to grind to a halt, had enough of that a couple of years ago thank you
Butty and a brew for me now!!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Off to walk Amber for her last walk of the day but of course she can always go out on the patio if needs be, not that does or very seldom does. I am glad I got my sheets and bedding washed today and have hoovered all round. Steve didn't change his sheets he will have to do them tomorrow. Not sure what I shall eat tonight but have had a cream apple turnover and chocolate éclair bun today so cannot complain. Think Steve will have Chicken Chow Mein tonight. not sure what I will go for. Hope everyone has had a good day. Please keep yourself warm tonight because it is going to be the coldest night of the winter and no telling what problems that will bring. Catch you later.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Griff
that flower normally opens earliest in March
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Keep warm Moyra tonight though warmer weather is forecast for later in the week

Pleased you got everything done June. Some people are just plain stupid but not your fault. Why should you get hurt because they were nowhere to be seen and unable to control their dog. I imagine he was getting a right telling off by Lona about how to behave

Hope the car is safely home and you have managed to sort out some insurance for Dillon

Good afternoon Harvey hope you have had a good day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Just had a nice hot curry chicken and mixed rice and veg. Very hot just as I like it. Now a nice cold glass of milk to take the sting out of the curry!

Hope you got your car home ok Lynn and also sorted out the insurance for Dillon.

June, that silly woman cannot complain she had no control over her dog and not kept it in sight for one thing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Just back with the car very pleased. not sure one of the directors was impressed with the staff who made decisions over the period between Christmas and new year and the fact we were told the window switch was covered under the warranty.
We paid for the switch £35 as we told him we were very surprised to be told it was covered. They are not a huge business and considering I got 6 months warranty and 6 months car tax we felt it only right we should foot the bill. they fitted the scoop and took the scratches out for £80 so a total bill of £115 was reasonable we felt. Doubt we could get those jobs done for that price anywhere else.
Ringing insurance tomorrow.

Blimey June what a nightmare. Don't see how they would have the nerve to report you.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 05:26 PM
TW, it's allright.....they will be looking for german shepherds Lol
ahhhh thought it was early tumbleweed
Moyra, my uncle is a chef and he made us a vindaloo...i was ting and he had a bowl of sugar on the table...apparently you eat sugar to stop the burn?
Lynn, bill sounds fair to me
Had a nice little walk with the pups, didn't come back too mucky either, mum has made me home made pizzas for my tea...yummy
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Jeez TW, didn't the owner even pass comment? Glad you are all ok anyway.
Moyra the weather has warmed up this side of the country, so keep warm it won't last for ever
Glad the cars back Lynn
Griff I can't remember the last time I had a curry. Just the smell makes my hubby physically sick.
We have just had a homemade turkey and ham pie and veg
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »