Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aussiemomx3
New Member!
Female 

12-04-2015, 01:02 AM

My dog won't eat

Hello Everyone! I'm new here, my little aussie Rustic was outside with me yesterday and I heard him yelp and couldn't find anything wrong with him and then this morning he wouldn't eat his breakfast, or take treats and no supper! ( not like him at all) he acts fine otherwise, runs with my other two, drinks water, tried to eat grass as usual. I checked his teeth, gums, tongue all I see is one little lump on his bottom lip, was wondering if he could have been stung by a wasp, ( they were flying around me yesterday)? Any ideas?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-04-2015, 07:50 AM
Hello Ang and welcome
How is Rustic now, has he eaten anything yet.

All other things being well the lump could be an indication of a sting or bite. A little late to suggest it now but some ice in a cloth held against the lump for a few moments might have helped.

I would see how it goes, Rustic should be over the sting/bite in a matter of hours if not I would have a vet check to make sure there isn't a thorn causing the lump or some other problem going on.
Aussiemomx3
New Member!
Female 

12-04-2015, 01:45 PM
no he still hasn't eat'in, no treats , no frozen yogurt in kong before bedtime, and no breakfast this morning, so I took a syringe with yogurt/blueberries (in blender) so he would have something in his belly! I still don't see anything in his mouth! Thanks anyways!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Is he toileting OK? He could have an upset tum.

If he's still not eating, a chat with the vet is in order.