View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 01:21 PM
A friend of mine cooked green tripe in her microwave, it exploded and she evacuated the house

I dont buy tripe full stop as my stomach is not that strong but on a separate point i also stopped using landywoods due to off meat x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Mmmmm ... fair point. It is just that it won't have been rotten, and it is unfair on Landywoods. We used to use Landywoods and for sure their meat was gamey to say the least, but it was most certainly not rotten.

The dogs loved it, and even if it was crawling with maggots, which it most certainly was not, it would do them no harm, in fact the maggots would provide extra protein!

At best, Dawn's statement was a gross exaggeration.
And you were there to see Dawn's delivery and know this, I take it?
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2011, 01:35 PM
I've had several deliveries of various meats including green tripe from Landywoods and no problems.
The meat has never been rotten.
The green tripe is stinky but that's what I expect it to be when it contains veg. matter.
I would think the more veg. matter it contains the darker and stinkier it will be.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
We have a tripe freezer and my OH decided to put some bread in it as we had run out of room in our freezer (work/dog freezer is bigger than ours), and I thought my toast tasted funny. It was only after I had eaten it and mentioned it to him, he said that it came out of the tripe freezer!! No way would I be keeping it in the fridge with my stuff! lol.

We feed ours whole green tripe and it's fab. They get that for their breakfast and complete for tea. It has been the only thing that has kept weight on my youngest wirehair. Great stuff.

Helen
to be honest its not too bad in the fridge, i put it in the sealable boxes (the ones i usually get from the chinese ) so it doesnt let any smell out until i open the box, which i dont do in the fridge

Originally Posted by Jem View Post
A friend of mine cooked green tripe in her microwave, it exploded and she evacuated the house

I dont buy tripe full stop as my stomach is not that strong but on a separate point i also stopped using landywoods due to off meat x
ewww id never cook it!!!

Originally Posted by rueben View Post
I've had several deliveries of various meats including green tripe from Landywoods and no problems.
The meat has never been rotten.
The green tripe is stinky but that's what I expect it to be when it contains veg. matter.
I would think the more veg. matter it contains the darker and stinkier it will be.
ive never had a problem with them either. oh good just checking it was meant to be as stinky as it is
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
No of course not ... but when did that ever matter? I have been informed time over time that Hal was not a wolf cross, despite no-one ever having met him!!

If you dish it out, then you have to be prepared to take it
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
had my order from landywoods on thursday, all was well (well almost but not everything can be perfect)

the tripe this time round really really smells! i mean the last tray i had smelt, but not this bad! you can smell this when its frozen, and its even worse when its defrosted!!

thing is i dont know if there is anything wrong with it or not. this tripe is alot greener than the last one, so could it be from a different animal or something? or is it just off?

the dogs had it for breakfast this morning (its not stunk out my front room AND kitchen) but they wouldnt eat it on its own and i had to add some biscuits in.

so is it off or just extra smelly?
I have found that the greener the tripe the smellier it is but not found that its off, just green and smelly!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I have found that the greener the tripe the smellier it is but not found that its off, just green and smelly!
yep its definately green and smelly!!!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yep its definately green and smelly!!!!
ooo ... yum yum!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
What absolute rubbish - and if I were Landywoods I would take serious issue with what you have said.
We confronted them DIRECTLY. I am telling the 100% truth, the company was a disgrace and let us down all the time. The food WAS rotten, we had GREEN chicken, they blames "asian festivals" and all sorts. their "refrigerated" vehicles turned out to be a clapped out estate car. Dont you try and tell me what I KNOW to be true isnt true Gnasher because it bloody well is!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
We used this company for a long time, they were local to us. We hand on heart cannot count on one hand the amount of correct deliveries of FRESH food we had, they were always excuses, always. We use TPMS now and have not once, ever had a single issue with late delivery or bad food, ever.

We had from them (landywoods) about 400lb of chicken and 100lb of tripe a month. Often the chicken was chucked out because it was rotten, green and slimey, the tripe was the same on several occasions.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >