Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I subject my dogs to risks everytime I step out of the door, just because everything in life is a risk, I let my dogs off, over uneven ground, and watch them run in circles, and doing tight turns at great speed, is that not a risk, do you let your dogs off? Do you check every inch of the field? Do you stop yours turning tight corners? Have yours ever ran into each other, coz mine sure have.

If he didn't care about Greys why would he have a rescue he is probally in a lot better position then you to improve the welfare of the dogs, as he would have more of a chance to meet the people who are exploting them, and trying to get them to change, not just shout from the roof tops about whatever he can, maybe he doesn't have the money himself, instead of sitting down and slating him why don't you try and work with him? Or would that ruin what you say about people involved in the sport?

There are plenty of extremism in all walks of life, I'm not saying that any body is doing that, infact it never occured to me, but some people are deluded and will leave things in the path of hunts for live animals to be injured, I think that I read that one of Kismets dogs got hurt because of sabs, so I really wouldn't be surprised about that.

And also your second paragraph, people in glass houses come to anyone else?? Or is it ok, because yours are 'facts'?
Letting your dogs off in a field to run freely bares no comparison to 6 dogs - intensely trained to chase a lure - running round an oval track with dangerous tight bends.

How many times do I have to link this video? Notice nearly all the accidents happen at the first bend when the dogs are still compact.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZjzY...layer_embedded

I work with honest and decent people in rescue - those who dont have a vested interest in this cruel sport and try to improve welfare - ****** does not fall into either of these categories.

I do not want to associate myself with anyone who makes immature malicious remarks about anti-racing groups - pure evil!
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
*****does not call for greater welfare - he calls for measures which will improve the image of the industry.

The thing that will always improve the image of greyhound racing are better welfare measures, so I fail to see what your problem is here?

He spends his time dreaming up schemes to convey the industry in a good light - schemes that would do nothing to improve the welfare for greyhounds.

Such as?

AND he quite nastily posts some malicious 'rumours' to try and discredit greyhound protection groups - one of which is this little gem!

'Am sure you're aware of 'dirty tricks' and it is rumoured that certain extremist anti-racing groups are now using dead greyhounds and cutting off their ears then dumping them in the hope they'll be found and used against the sport'

How absolutely insulting that he suggests a greyhound protection group would dream of doing such a thing!

Disgraceful behaviour which only confirms how desperate this industry is to 'win' support.

He actually says extremist anti-racing groups not greyhound protection groups. Perhaps you see yourself as the former which is why you are getting so defensive?

FTR*****is paid to work for the charity - whilst many others devote their time and money freely.

I devote my time and money freely but we've already had that conversation! My time and money is of no use as I support greyhound racing.

Who is Tig?

==========
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2010, 01:38 PM
It appears to be contradiction.
Why? Is that also why you are against the database mentioned in the other thread? Because you can't understand how somebody who runs a rescue kennels can also be pro greyhound racing?

That's two rescue kennels that are doing superb jobs in re-homing greyhounds and other breeds of dogs that are run by people involved in greyhound racing. Funny that.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2010, 01:39 PM
- intensely trained to chase a lure -
Could you elaborate on 'intensely trained'?
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Seeing as this is a greyhound racing thread, future stars?

Blues

Blacks

And Jodie, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2010, 02:27 PM
@*SJ*

The thing that improves the image of the industry is the spin they put on numbers and the propaganda they spout - nothing to do with better welfare. Why dont they just publish the numbers of destroyed of dogs?

More recent schemes he has come up with are the 'Responsible Homing' register and 'Private Rehoming' data base - anything that will disguise the numbers and promote the industry in a good light. The industry have the numbers already - but they wont publish them because the public would be disgusted at just how many are destroyed simply for economic reasons.

Then of course there was his 'Syndicate' who he managed to recruit from the *****. They bought a greyhound called Elgeetee Kenny who only managed to finish 4 races before he had to retire because of injury. And did any of the syndicate members adopt him? NO! How responsible is that to palm yoir dog off onto someone else - as if there arent enough greyhounds to re-home without a re-homing charity adding to the problem.

There are only 5 groups to my knowledge who accept commercial greyhound is not compatible with even a low standard of welfare and campaign for abolition - myself included. The GBGB claim these groups to be extreme and that is why I took Kev Stow's comment as a direct attack on Greyt Exploitations. FTR - the 5 groups are greyhound protection groups and that is what we do...PROTECT - not cut the ears off dead dogs!

We are discussing ****** not you.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Seeing as this is a greyhound racing thread, future stars?

Blues

Blacks

And Jodie, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all
Awww the blues are just fab!! The blacks are lovely of course, but I am a sucker for a blue!
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2010, 04:02 PM
@*SJ*

The thing that improves the image of the industry is the spin they put on numbers and the propaganda they spout - nothing to do with better welfare. Why dont they just publish the numbers of destroyed of dogs?

More recent schemes he has come up with are the 'Responsible Homing' register and 'Private Rehoming' data base - anything that will disguise the numbers and promote the industry in a good light. The industry have the numbers already - but they wont publish them because the public would be disgusted at just how many are destroyed simply for economic reasons.

Then of course there was his 'Syndicate' who he managed to recruit from the *****. They bought a greyhound called Elgeetee Kenny who only managed to finish 4 races before he had to retire because of injury. And did any of the syndicate members adopt him? NO! How responsible is that to palm yoir dog off onto someone else - as if there arent enough greyhounds to re-home without a re-homing charity adding to the problem.

There are only 5 groups to my knowledge who accept commercial greyhound is not compatible with even a low standard of welfare and campaign for abolition - myself included. The GBGB claim these groups to be extreme and that is why I took*****comment as a direct attack on Greyt Exploitations. FTR - the 5 groups are greyhound protection groups and that is what we do...PROTECT - not cut the ears off dead dogs!

I think you'll find racing people these days know it is imperative that greyhound welfare has to keep improving, and I think the fact as year upon year it is getting better you don't like it and choose instead to call it propoganda. I wish they would publish the figures!

I think the private rehoming scheme is a good one as at least it goes some way to show that not all dogs disappear. I think this is why you are against it.

I have just read ELgeetee Kenny's story and from what I understand a member of the syndicate did infact take him home. However even if they hadn't he would have still been found a good home which is better than the option you'd have people believe happens to retired racers.

Re extremist groups all I can say is if the cap fits..............................
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-02-2010, 04:07 PM
This link is 36 mins long.

A lot of it belies the Propaganda that Jodie and others on the Antie side spout.

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Pl...meetingId=5852
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Interesting bringing ***** **** into this thread as if he some kind of Messiah to the greyhound.

The reality is, he is a professional greyhound re-homer that lives off the back of the greyhound. So in that respect he is no different to a greyhound trainer, kennel hand and other various people in the industry who derive their living from the greyhound. *******therefore is unlikely to defame the sport that supports his way of life otherwise he is just pulling the rug from underneath his own feet.

His Lincolnshire Greyhound Trust had official income of over £70,000 according to his last accounts submitted, a tidy sum in anybodies language. Not that I am in anyway casting aspersions, but note I said official. So you can see why he is loathe to rock the boat to cause waves.

***** **** in no way compares favourably with vollunteers up and down the country who slave away on behalf of the greyhound with very little reward, other than a warm feeling inside when another greyhound they have cared and worried about goes happily off to its new forever home.They are the true guardians of the retired greyhojund, because without them, there would just be a greyhound holacaust.
Page 137 of 157 « First < 37 87 127 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 147 > Last »