Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 01:41 PM

Just when I thought she was ok...

Takara has been on antibiotics for cystitis and although she's missed a dose because she's a trump and refused it yesterday, she should be getting better now.

I thought she was but we've had some more wet patches

The latest is on my duvet as I'm off sick and let her cuddle up

She's only doing it when she's asleep and it's a lot at a time, the vet says it may be incontinence

She's only two and a half. I know there's medication for this but is there any side effects linked with the meds?

I need to take another urine sample in tomorrow if I'm back at work.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Sorry to hear Takara is still having problems. 2.5yrs is so young bless her

No advice to give sorry, haven't had this problem. Just wanted to give support and cyber hugs xxxxx

Hope she improves soon, what a worry for you
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Oh I hope it isn't incontinence Lottie, she's so very young for that. Hope she improves soon bless her. x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks guys

It's really worrying me, you know how she's my life! She's really not happy and gets upset when she wakes up and it's wet under her.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear this Lottie, sending Takara big (((hugs)))
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

29-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Soory no advice, but I hope things improve for her soon hun xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 02:04 PM
It does sound like incontinence to me as you say its whilst asleep.

My Sacha became incontinent following spaying - a common thing apparently for Setters - she had propalin although to be honest whilst she has been on this for 8 years or so - she doesn't need it daily like she did when she first had it and I have managed to sometimes not give her any for a month or two.

I guess with any medication there are affects but as I said Sacha has been on this for for 8 years - as I say the dosage isn't very high I can say we haven't had any ill affects from it.

Hope T is feeling better soon and you too!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Sorry hun, I have no advice but im sending you both big cyber hugs ,Hope Takara feels better really soon xxdk
tova
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2008, 02:43 PM
my little Vallhund bitch became incontinent at just 4 years old after being speyed. She started the Propalin drops and fortunately this did the trick. There can be side effects but she has not been affected by these. She is now just a couple of months short of her 15th birthday and is in good health so it would seem it is safe to give long term. Hope things work out as well for Takara.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm just calming down a bit now and thinking more calmly! I'm going to ask the vet for another course of antibiotics in another form because I'm struggling to get the full tablets down her and I wonder if this is possibly why it seems to be back (I thought she'd stopped it). I'll see if another course of antibiotics (maybe in a liquid so I can squirt it down her throat) clears it up and if not, we'll have to look at other possibilities but I don't want to put her through the tests unnecessarily because of her skittish nature.

It just seems very sudden for incontinence (and she was spayed back in June I think) - but it could be that I just hadn't noticed before because we had to up Eddy's toilet trips as he was having little leaks.

Rachel thanks so much for your experience. I'll bear it in mind.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >