Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Found some giant fat slugs YUK when clearing the pots out, so chucked them next door, and quite a few snails.
Someone from up your way (Litherland, Merseyside) was writing in Amatuer Gardening this week that these are known as the 'Spanish' type, they are much bigger, eat far more, lay four times as many eggs, and replicate quicker than the good old English slug

So it's not just people who have been invading our shores from the EU

One year when in Cetenov we had a massive attack but so far (touch wood) I have seen only a few in our Suffolk garden.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Hello everyone,
Well I'm almost back to feeling like me again. Apart from loosing my step dad I've had a awful bug that's been going round, as did Lauryn too.
Rosie is just herself so that's good
I hope everyone is ok and I will try and catch up and see.
Hopefully the EA will come and clear the rubbish TW. Beautiful picture of the girls
Lynn sorry to see your still having car troubles
I need to get a new kettle, mines starting to leak.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 04:33 PM
Yuk Losos, dislike slugs especially even bigger ones
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
There is even more debris along the riverbank now, a complete tree, roots and all for instance,have taken a couple of piccies as I'm getting onto the EA on Monday, if that lot gets stuck under the bridge and there is a flood alert there is only one way it can all go
Yes, I do hope the EA take note, it's a disaster waiting to happen and could be sorted now with a JCB and few men.

I doubt the EA would worry but it looks so bad as well, I can't abide people who deliberately mess up the country side, we have less and less of it year on year so what there is should be looked after.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-10-2016, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Yuk Losos, dislike slugs especially even bigger ones
I don't like them either, and of course we can't use slug pellets because of the dogs.

Nice to see you again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Hi Mandy good to see you.
Hope mum is ok and glad you and Lauryn are beginning to feel better.

Slugs yuk. Been to Peterborough today but couldn't find what I wanted.
Mark and Lauryn cooking tea mexican chicken.

Should be getting the car back Monday and Mark has a plan. Joel has an inset day Monday so will be going back at some point so Mark and Lauren will follow me or me them so I have someone around while testing the car. To be fair it hasn't actually broken down on me while running but the engine light has come on so if it does it will be a phone call to Austen and the car and I will part ways.
If it doesn't hopefully the problems are fixed once and for all.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2016, 05:33 PM
A couple of ducks! That's what you need for pesky slugs - they relish the slimey blighters and go to great lengths to discover and devour them.

Evening All - I can see you all you gardening types dashing down to "Ducks "R" Us" to make a purchase in the end of season Duck Sale.
It just so happens that I have plenty ducks and will cheerfuly deliver same to any happy gardeners wishing to purchase same!!!!!
You will of course then need to rent an efficient lurcher (I have some of these that could go out at very competitive "mates rates" to dogsey members) this will be to protect your ducks from those 'orrid foxey things.
To control the lurcher you will need a competent "lurcher handler" - they are reassuringly expensive! The best one of these is ME! I am available with immediate effect and could sleep in a spare bedroom. Where I will only require feeding and waiting on hand and foot.
Really this is the only proper way of ridding yourselves of slugs - and in the long run will be worth every penny! Trust me!
Aah! The Mem has arrived with my tablets - bye fer now!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Glad to see you back Mandy, and hoping your mum is getting over the shock and upset.There is a horrid bug going around, keep hearing about people with it, got everything crossed I don't come down with it, because The Girls would have to Fend For Themselves maybe they could go Fox Hunting and do the Lurchers out of a jobwhich would mean no Lurcher Handler cluttering up my spare room, then again, it needs decorating, so whilst there are no Lurchers To Handle, a paintbrush handle could be grasped Just the ducks please shopkeeper, no need to wrap them
The last piccie is of the other side of what I have to cross to get onto the river nowadays, and Cariad and Kesh have dug their heels in pretty firmly on that one and said a resounding NO, as I've already said, Lona, Mabs and Zen have the mountain goat gene doubled up probably and are quite happy to spring over it all, whilst I am nearly on my hands and knees in some parts of it, whilst they gambol happily along the river bank yards ahead of me
Lynn it sounds a decent plan to me, and lets hope that this repair is the final one and you never have to bother again
My cup runneth over, No MOTD tonight, and we have Ironman 3, love watching that type of film, real escapism. Would like there to be no MOTD or the like of it anywhere at all except on a sports channel than I can choose not to subscribe to, otherwise WHY have a sports channel anyway
I got out all the lights for the kennels this afternoon, whilst pulling them out, guess what was down the back of them at the very back of the cupboard, my Homeopathic medicine chest. I have searched everywhere for this, several times, and was past understanding what on earth had happened and where I had put it. Had the light on in the Big House tonight, and last night to tidy the beds up, and will soon be handing out teas in the dark, and therefore the lights have to go in the little kennel and outside, hoping Zen doesn't look on these as a personal challenge now I have taken her kennel flooring off her, or rather she ate it and it was replaced by house bricks which (up to now) she has not eaten.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Sounds good June with regard to the girls. Do hope they get to clear the river for you. Lynn, fingers doubly crossed that your car is now 100%,.

I learned from Steve that the chap who took his van is of African birth and is likely to be shipping these vehicles out there to be used. So poor old girl is likely to end her days having a hard life rather than going to an early demise. Have a good night all, I am off to bed. God bless.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-10-2016, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Aah! The Mem has arrived with my tablets - bye fer now!
A couple of ducks nice try LG oh don't forget to take those tablets
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >