Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2016, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
You will not believe this car drove off the drive fine, stopped at post office to get some cash for hair cut went to start car it started, but warning triangle and exclamation mark and other computer saying engine fault needs repair.
It wouldn't go anywhere couldn't even drive it home.
Oh nooooooo, I am shocked because I really thought it was sorted and I was thinking of you driving where ever you need to go without worries. That's really bad luck 'cos most of the time these faults are fixed after a visit to main dealer.

Don't know what more I can say, such a shame Griff is not able to pop over to yours and bash it with her torque wrench, the would fix it

Will be back this evening to follow the update.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Yessssssss unfortunately sitting here waiting for the call that they are on their way to collect it and leave me with the garage car.
I was I must say gobsmacked after it's wonderful performance driving it home Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Began to fall in love with it again.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2016, 12:44 PM
Oh Lynn, how soul destroying. I really feel for you. Looks like it is a start again all over.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Oh bloody hell Lynn, how awful..... to be honest, i think i would be asking for the refund, it isn't as if you will have confidence in the car is it? such a shame though
Brenda, thanks..... i do try my best with my dogs, to be fair i don't expect all that much from them and we go to training to support the local rescue and to let them be around other dogs as they don't really see all that many here, i am lucky that on the whole they ignore other dogs...especially if they have their ball
Lol Harvey, many a time i have wanted to hit a car with something...generally i swear at them, obviously this is not productive but makes me feel a whole heap better Lol
TW, pleased you had a nice walk, i will be off out with my 2...together!!!! shortly, deags is going for her immunotherapy jab and i won't have all that much chance later, will take kota for a quick potter before we head off to the vet and then get deags out after for a quick wee and then head off
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-10-2016, 03:11 PM
Good day everyone.
Lynn - if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all. This thing with the car is preposterous. I'd have rung somebody's neck by now!
Hope all goes well with the vets and the walkies Griff.
Just a quick visit this - off out again - will see you later - hope everyone has a nice rest of day, bye fer now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2016, 04:57 PM
Hello well car loaded off around 2'30 3'00 this afternoon and I have a suzuki alto on an 04 plate to use till it's sorted again.
Walked up there to meet them and I got in turned it on and it had power I could of driven it. The ESP light it is I checked in the handbook while waiting for them. So they think it's the throttle pack new one they put on. His son had the little mobile diagnostic tool and that is what was coming up.
He showed me the new one and you can't dispute it hasn't been replaced.
Austen was saying they are having a bad run of luck with inferior parts at the moment. Just replaced something on a jag and similar thing happened chap drove it a distance a light came on and is now back.
He said it's not like they use cheap parts. He also said it makes them look like idiots.
So will wait to hear.
He says he has kept his Basil Fawlty branch to give it a hiding when it gets back on his forecourt .
I have done the shopping put it all away and now have a large glass of red.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2016, 08:48 PM
Thats a blinking shame about the car Lynn I am glad now I did not type what I thought "Glad the car is running well" otherwise I could have jinxed it but seems.....it was jinxed anyhow I would be looking for a refund you can;t have confidence in it, with inter coming better it did not work repeatedly than work well the stop work well the stop no warning.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-10-2016, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I have done the shopping put it all away and now have a large glass of red.
And well deserved I would say But you do have a replacement car. As Kazz said these intermitant faults are the most frustrating I think Griff has already said so.

LG if you should look in latter I can confirm that marinated mouse is most tasty, and will be out picking wild mushrooms and making nettle soup in a few days, it's hard on us peasants in the winter you know
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Yes you are so right about this Harvey, gathering fuel on the Feast Of Stephen in a cruel frost is no joke is it
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2016, 02:21 AM
Morning can't start dogsey Thursday as tablet is weird. So high to all. Heard it is windy in USA so hope everyone stays safe. Bet we get the end of it. Must try to sleep. Catch you all later. There you go Griff waffling like you suggested.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2