Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 07:08 AM

James Bolam to leave New Tricks

James Bolam has been confirmed to leave the most popular show on the BBC, New tricks recieved a viewing of 9.7 mill

He has said he thinks the show is going stale

http://tv.uk.msn.com/blog/editor-blo...5-5e6dc0513410

I think the show will work without though he has been in the spotlight of the show but I guess now Hanson is behind bars their is not much in storyline left for the character.

Personally my fav character is Brian ^^
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
James Bolam has been confirmed to leave the most popular show on the BBC, New tricks recieved a viewing of 9.7 mill

He has said he thinks the show is going stale

http://tv.uk.msn.com/blog/editor-blo...5-5e6dc0513410

I think the show will work without though he has been in the spotlight of the show but I guess now Hanson is behind bars their is not much in storyline left for the character.

Personally my fav character is Brian ^^
I hadn't read that. I have to say though I admire an actor who doesn't just sweat out a role for years for the money etc. He wouldn't allow the re-runs of the Likely Lads which put Rodney Bewes in dire financial straits apparently. He is obviously a man of integrity
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I love New Tricks. I am collecting them on DVD.

It will be a shame if he leaves as they all go together so well.

I do hope it does not go stale. It is one of the few good programmes on TV.

Maybe they should wind up UCOS in the next series. If they start getting in new characters it will not be the same.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by one.eyed.dog View Post
I love New Tricks. I am collecting them on DVD.

It will be a shame if he leaves as they all go together so well.

I do hope it does not go stale. It is one of the few good programmes on TV.

Maybe they should wind up UCOS in the next series. If they start getting in new characters it will not be the same.
Doctor who has gone through what is it 10 11 regenerations now the show is still one of the BBC's most popular shows and stronger then ever, look at My Family another show thats run for years.

Now I think about it it does seem likely that he will leave I don't think their is much left to the character Jack can offer his affairs are tied up and he has all ready said he is getting deppressed and wants to end his life (the character I mean))

Brian, Gerry and Sandra I think still have a lot to give and a new character could be added to the next series.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I love Dennis Waterman - always have but just can't get beyond his new teeth I'm afraid. He must be well off enough to have had them fitted better???