View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Oh I'm not saying don't try, just that some backup plans may be worthwhile thinking about, e.g. Rubster buying some cheap babygates if they don't have any so they can physically seperate dogs if needed, maybe someone near Rubster to offer a spare pair of hands if dogs need to be parallel walked with each other for the first few days, etc. plus a plan in the event that they really don't get along, since there's not really going to be a chance to see how the dogs are without the long journeys having been made.
I'm only saying this as someone who's let her heart rule her head in a similar situation and took home this Christmas foster as she was doing so badly in kennels that I couldn't bear the leave her there over Christmas, thought everything would be OK, and ended up having a much more stressful Christmas holiday than I thought I would!
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I honestly dont think there will be any probs, mikey is so submissive anyway and rubster has 2 bitches? One being very young, I can't forsee any problems, but yes I can see where you're coming from being cautious xx
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Fingers crossed here that everything goes fab x
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Good luck all..
Especially Mikey
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey guys, well I cant tellyou how excited I am that this IS actually going to happen, more for Mikey than anything else!
Krylr, I too had though tabout if it didnt work out with Mikey, but then I took on a 4yr old dog aggressive northern Inuit a couple of years ago, then got Ruby who was 5 weeks old at the time. It took around 4 months to get my NI to the point of accepting Ruby.We used rewards, praise, babygates, crates, muzzles,anything we could think of to make it work! It was dam hard work,but it paid off as in the end they became firm friends

Ruby is simply a placid docile dog, hasn't an aggressive bone in her body, poor blighter has scabs on her legs where sasi has been chewing when they play fight & still Ruby lets her do it more....

I'm by no means a miracle worker & will never pretend to be, but I do have patience and
I will give these 3 dogs the best of my time & ability to get along together.Mikey so deserves it!

As we arent meeting until late on on Saturday night my plan is to sleep in the front living room with Mikey, he will then get the smell of Ruby & Sasi but not actually meet them. I'll keep them separated until Sunday morning where I can take Mikey on the field & the OH can bring Ruby along a few minutes later. I think its best they meet on neutral ground.
I already have babygates & am picking up a huge crate from a friend tomorrow as thats what Mikey is used to.

I hope I've managed to explain a bit of what is going through my head. I really want Mikey to be my forever boyo & will try my best to make sure he is.

Thankyou all so much for your help & the concerns, & if you think I may forget something or missed something out, please don't hesitate to mention it or ask me questions

Bev x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:39 PM
This is wonderful news for everyone involved, but mostly Mikey!! Plus he gets to stay on Dogsey!!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I have no clue what happened with this post hahah
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
ok now the bad point, its going to cost me £130 in fuel :/
(thereabouts im guessing?) managed to borrow a car (turbo diesel audi, ugh eats the juice) but thats the only way atm, i HATE to ask but could anyone spare a little to help with fuel, i'm so badly overdrawn as it is and have to spay my bitch soon, actually hate asking but PM me if you can xx thankyou guys so much!
I'm more than happy to help with petrol costs but just wanted to check how many people are involved in the delivery/collection of darling Mikey, I'd like to help as much as possible but, like most, am limited to how much I can donate so would like to offer the same amount to each driver
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Petticoat View Post
This is wonderful news for everyone involved, but mostly Mikey!! Plus he gets to stay on Dogsey!!
Oh yes he will be staying on dogsey...you wont get rid of us that easily
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I'm more than happy to help with petrol costs but just wanted to check how many people are involved in the delivery/collection of darling Mikey, I'd like to help as much as possible but, like most, am limited to how much I can donate so would like to offer the same amount to each driver
Hiya, thankyou Scorpio, there is only myself & Koda involved in the travelling, we thought it would be best to meet up personally

bev x
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »