Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
4legs
New Member!
Male 

10-09-2008, 03:50 PM

dog toys hopefully not a costly way of entertaining

i have a 5 month old king charles spaniel really well mannered dog pretty gentle to be honest until recently i brought him a chewy rubbery toy called orka meant for powerful chewers me thinking hes only a king charles spaniel he cant be a powerful chewer well he went throught it in 30-45 mins is it that he is is a powerful chewr if so what toys should i buy him or is it just a crap product.
I have also read that you should steer clear from ropes, vinyl and products made in china. cheers its just frustrating as hes near perfect no trouble just want to get this right as i dont want to be a regular at pets at home.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I found the only thing Loki can't kill is his Extreme Kong. All others area waste of time. If your dog's sole purpose in life is to pull toys to bits, then I wouldn't bother buying any. Just get chews instead!!!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Ive got a sweet terrier and the advice from Loki is spot on for him too. If its furry in anyway it must die, if its fabric at all it must be gutted. He adores his Kongs ( black ones only in our house) and his Boomer ball and we loves the Nuts for Knots range of cotton rope toys. They do get destroyed eventually but it takes time and they are only a couple of quid each so its not so bad. ( keep them under supervision with these so they dont eat the cotton!!!)
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 04:33 PM
lol funny how some of these little dogs are real powerful chewers I have a small lhasa that's destroyed 2 red kongs - I thought the 1st must of somehow been faulty so got another - again destroyed within a 24 hour period

He has 2 toys left that he hasn't been able to destroy, not for want of trying either An extreme black kong and a small black tyre!
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 02:24 AM
www.zooplus.co.uk do some good toys

my dog wasnt much of a chewer but Loved his kongs & loved his ham bones and hyde chews could have ate them for hours x he was a little dog too.
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2008, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=shaza;1478715]lol funny how some of these little dogs are real powerful chewers QUOTE]

And I have two big Airedales who have puppy Kongs without a mark on them!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2008, 09:08 AM
I have a Greyhound/Saluki cross who will chase anything small and fluffy, but give her a cuddly toy and she will gently carry it around and curl up in her bed with it
Vicky@Eukanuba
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Frida loves her Kong and she has not managed to destroy it after more than a year of having it. She also loves her little plastic cube which can be filled with dry dog food or treats. She has to roll it around to get the treats out. It keeps her occupied for a while and the cube was quite cheap if I remember correctly so it was definitely value for money.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-09-2008, 09:56 AM
A nice inexpencive almost industructible toy for dogs is the lining of the milking machine for cows. Its the black rubber that goes over the nipples

They love it to death

Greetings

Johan