Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 09:49 PM

Stretched Hummer to hire ??????????

I have asked my daughter what she would like for her Birthday over and over again. It will be her 18th so we want to get her something special.
Being the only one, she probably has been spoilt over the years, and has loads of jewellery, she has a car ready and waiting for when she passes her test.

She has said she would like us to contribute towards the hire of a stretched hummer, to take her and her friends to Portsmouth clubbing for the night of saturday 22nd April.....

Well, I have rung several companies, and it appears that there are not too many hummer's in Sussex, therefore the price is sky high....take a deep breath.........
£900 for a return trip....I couldn't believe it, and still dont believe it.

So, what i ask of you is this.....does anybody know anywhere cheaper.....HELP !!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Can't you just hire a normal stretch limo, and put a rotten fish in it coz that would give it the "humm" bit wouldn't it!!

I know somewhere you could hire a lovely stretch limo in Worthing, but no hummers I'm afraid. Strange that an 18yrs. old young lady would want one of those anyway?? You would have thought a nice luxurious limo would have been better for their trip, I know I would
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Fish..loved that !!!Helena54

Kids for you...she has a passion about cars, I am not sure where it came from apart from her having some very good male friends that have nice cars.

I did the nice normal limo bit...but NO ....... I am sorry to say that I think it such a waste of money. I even said she could go on holiday with that amount of cash.....
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Looks like you've got your work cut out then, better get the plastic out again - oh noooooooooooo, all that Per Una gear you could have bought!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Looked in Worthing M & S today, not a patch on Shoreham...
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 08:15 AM
My daughter wanted exactly the same for her 21st, but considering we also bought her other things, we explained that the price for the Hummer was just too much, just for a ride into town and home, so she "settled" for a white streched limo, and loved it, we also paid for her and her friends night on the town so she didnt do too bad. I would have a chat with her and see if she will compromise.

Mo
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Heck!!!! Wow big ask, and totally agree from an adult perspective it is the biggest waste of money but being a teenager the value of money can be forgotten in the experience

Stretch hummers are relatively new to the market over here so for the limited companies that do them the prices are high (we are currently working on 3d modelling a hummer for one of our clients, the only reason why we know about them ), and they are really beautiful and bling inside but would be more suited to Motley Crew and their strippers for joy riding in

Do you think you can persuade her away from the idea? As someone said that try and convince her to take a limo as its more affordable.

Good luck with it !
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Harveys Mum
Looked in Worthing M & S today, not a patch on Shoreham...
Totally agree, there's just something about that Southwick one It's definitely a whole day's experience isn't it, even the furnishings are just gorgeous
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 08:36 PM
We are being sent/given alot of leaflets at the moment because, being our final year, prom is approaching. Quite alot have discounts on them so will keep a look out
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Not in sussex, but i am in Sheffield, South Yorkshire and my mate has hired a pink hummer stretch limo for her 18th birthday. She has paid £140 (£17.50 each) and it will pick us up from her house, drive us around for 1 hr and then drop us off at her party. Included in that price we also get 5 bottles of champagne (between 8 of us!) and a disposable camera each.

At first i thought it was expensive, but then i learnt about the champagne. £900 is ridiculous! If it is 2 trips then i would think it would be £280 sort of thing. Can't she just have the limo for 1hr before she goes out and get a taxi home? She will be too plastered to remember what mode of transport she is getting home in on her 18th
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >