View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 08:59 PM

Are deleted memory card pics retrievable?

i stooooopppidly pressed 'delete all' rather than single pics !!!!!

... someone said that the pics will still be on the memory card and retrievable even tho they have been deleted....is this true? i have tried one program but it wouldnt detect the camera
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2012, 09:08 PM
You can download a recovery program, but some sandiscs come with their own.
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Do you have a memory card reader? If you do, use that to try to recover your images - I've never really had success with software trying to "see" the card when it's in a camera.

Stop using the card, as you will over-write the deleted images.

I have used Recuva before, and had good results. I've also used ZAR and PC Inspector File Recovery.

I think all the ones I've mentioned are free. Good luck, it's a really sickening feeling when you realised you've pressed the wrong button and everything has gone.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i stooooopppidly pressed 'delete all' rather than single pics !!!!!

... someone said that the pics will still be on the memory card and retrievable even tho they have been deleted....is this true? i have tried one program but it wouldnt detect the camera
I do hope you manage to recover your pictures - I transfer everything to my computer using Picasa but lost 8 months of everything when the case on my external hard drive developed a problem and I did not realise until 8 months later that it was not backing up properly [serves me right for not checking the log files regularly].

Now I use belt and braces - the external hard drive is set to automatically back up everything daily at noon, and I have a pocket external hard drive that I use to back up manually once a week.

It is a horrible feeling when you lose precious photographs...
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

28-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Photorec - http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec There's bound to be how-tos on Youtube etc.