Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oooh, a bit of success...... Windows Live has added my new email address and made it the "preferred" email.

However, I'm no further forward with changing the signature on my outgoing emails......
now click the little arrow by your name, a small menu should pop up with an options tab...
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-03-2012, 09:38 PM
any joy?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Sorry hon - I went to bed......

None of the above helps me as I don't use my hotmail account to send emails - I use my @sky.com email account (used to be @blueyonder) so I need to change my outgoing signature in what used to be called "outlook".

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-03-2012, 10:05 AM
in what used to be called "outlook".
Yes Vicki, it's what they insist on calling 'progress' personally I can't see any improvement and I don't use the MS e-mail account anymore (apart from being a bit faster) I can't see much improvement in Windows 7 either, MS and such impose these upgrades on the customers, most of whom don't want them Of well that's my rant of the day sorted
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Yes Vicki, it's what they insist on calling 'progress' personally I can't see any improvement and I don't use the MS e-mail account anymore (apart from being a bit faster) I can't see much improvement in Windows 7 either, MS and such impose these upgrades on the customers, most of whom don't want them Of well that's my rant of the day sorted
Drives me crackers...... why is everything so bloody complicated?
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2012, 12:48 PM
to update the signature, it usually has to be done on the website, not the program you use to send the emails... its complicated I know
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by jade the sbt View Post
to update the signature, it usually has to be done on the website, not the program you use to send the emails... its complicated I know
It's not complicated really..... what you are advising me to do will only update my outgoing email signature when I use the Hotmail account.

No good to me as I don't use it.

It's the one on my @sky.com account, as stated previously, that needs to be changed.....
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-03-2012, 04:28 PM
It's not complicated really..... what you are advising me to do will only update my outgoing email signature when I use the Hotmail account.

No good to me as I don't use it.

It's the one on my @sky.com account, as stated previously, that needs to be changed.....
sorry, I mean you need to log onto the sky website and change it on there, the only place it cant be changed is the desktop program
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2012, 05:50 PM
sorry, I mean you need to log onto the sky website and change it on there, the only place it cant be changed is the desktop program
I have changed it there - it's made no difference whatsoever.....

It's a real b*gger, isn't it?

Thanks for helping Jade x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Peter, it's really nice you've been trying to help out Vicki, and also nice that you've stuck with it.

But don't you think MS would gain a lot more support (and business) if they bothered to explain things better.

From your quote above it seems there are certain things you can only do by going into their web site and from what you've said I gather that the e-mail thing is just a program on my PC.

Purley as a matter of interest why would I want to go on their website I don't have the time (or the inclination) to go looking on sites which I don't need, they send me software updates when I go through the shutdown procedure, that's all I need.

If I was your age, and into computers and all that good stuff then I may well be on the MS site every day but sadly I'll never be your age again and even 'tho I only work part time I seem to find I never have enough time in the day to do what I want to do
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >